Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

02 Monte needs help or Gets traded!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:48 AM
Default 02 Monte needs help or Gets traded!

Hey guys!

I'm looking now to trade my 02LS and I really can't afford it yet but these are my problems... No taillights/plate or dash at night, drivers side climate controls give heat instead of cold A/C, high beams that when engaged knock all lights out, and an ABS issue which I could probably fix easy. I've been searching some DRL issues here and tried a few things but that didn't work too well. ie. Bending the 28 pin over. What my thought is is the ignition. This taillight thing WAS up and down. It went out last winter for about 5 min after starting the car but then came on. Maybe happened 5x. Then I never saw the issue till last week... I was thinking that the keys in the ignition was causing this and gave them a little jiggle and BOOM! Dash lights and taillights are on. Now nothing.
I hate driving home with my hazards on. Plus this was the car that I would give/or let my 16yr old drive. Who has some ideas? Much Thanks!

Rowdysounds!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:29 AM

id say look into the wiring around your ignitionarea. Because it sounds like there's a shorth there. Also check all relays and fuses. I have heard of something that my co worker is having a problem with regaurding his cavalier and that is a little resistor between his radio and wiring harness that , when going bad, causes the light problem. Maybe look into that and see if the monte came with it as well... I wouldn't put it past gm to use the same technology across the board.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:10 AM

Any ideas on how to check the ignition. I already checked the the relays...months ago..... my buddy an I checked all the connections.... even behind the glove box and I'm no sure on how to check the ignition with out tearing out my dash...or the ignition....i can't wait till i get on my back and dig up behind my dash.....

Any Thing will help!

Old 08-05-2011, 06:30 AM

‪Chevrolet Ignition Issue‬‏ - YouTube

Hi Rowdy, Check out the above link & Explore...
There are several vid's on ignition problems.
Hopefully one of our expert tech member's will also be able to help with your problem(s)...Good Luck