General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Traded in my Monte :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs down Traded in my Monte :(

So I traded in my Monte! had a bad intake leak and instead of fixing traded it in for a2013 malibu 1lt...u guys like the idea of the trade or no? I really miss my Monte the malibu is so so slow and quiet compared to my Monte. Way better gas mileage and my God it is a beautiful car but idk maybe I should get my Monte bac? opinions? Lol

Old 04-14-2013, 04:43 AM

I traded mine in too today lol... But for another monte lol. Only if you feel u can fix it.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Malibu have really stepped up their game, they rival my wife's 2012 Lacrosse in looks and luxury. I think you will adjust fine. For myself I need something sporty in the summer

Old 04-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Malibu have really stepped up their game, they rival my wife's 2012 Lacrosse in looks and luxury. I think you will adjust fine. For myself I need something sporty in the summer
I agree. But if the original poster was looking for something sporty, the Malibu aint it.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:35 AM

Congrats on the new ride! You have to go with what you like.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:20 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sucks that you had to trade the Monte. I think it was a right decision - if you couldn't afford to pay repairs on the Monte now you have a car that is under warranty and shouldn't have any problems.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by 38 SSpecial
So I traded in my Monte! had a bad intake leak and instead of fixing traded it in for a2013 malibu 1lt...u guys like the idea of the trade or no? I really miss my Monte the malibu is so so slow and quiet compared to my Monte. Way better gas mileage and my God it is a beautiful car but idk maybe I should get my Monte bac? opinions? Lol

Congrat's on your new `Chevy...Only you know what you can afford & `if you should buy your Monte back...Good Luck.

Tell us more about your new Malibu ? Color/options/etc...
Wish you safe/happy miles > EnJoy

Old 04-14-2013, 11:41 AM

Sucks you got rid of the Monte but I think you'll like the Malibu in time. It's not as sporty but if you can deal with that I think you'll end up liking it.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

With out fully knowing your Monte, if your only reason for the trade in was bad intake gaskets, I don't think it was worth while. I have done LIM gaskets before, they are very easy.

BUT, if you actually had a want to get the Malibu that is completely different. It's a new ride and under factory warranty and you'll have many miles hopefully problem free.

Now you asked should you get the Monte back. Not sure what options you have to get it back, if there is a cost involved etc. I don't know if you had more wrong then the LIM gaskets. It's hard to make that call and honestly you have to make it. If you've had the Malibu a couple of days and you're not happy with it, then it sounds to me you made a wrong call (maybe not trading the Monte but what you traded it for). But if you're happy with the Malibu it's all you.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks guys! The Monte had several small issues but they added up. I've had the Malibu for 2 days now and i love it! Drive so smooth and gas is amazing on it. The car looks sharp in my eyes. I had the Monte on a loan. I owed 7k on it. So i gave up the Monte and walked out with a Malibu for 19k. Payments are 60 dollars more, insurance dropped by 70 dollars and my interest went from 16% to 2.29!!

Honestly the thing i miss most was the whine, the speed and the sound. The Malibu has it beat by interior, gas and miles/reliability.

It was very difficult to let my baby go, specially cuz i wanted to someday win Monte of the month! Lol but i have a bit of change in my savings account, so I'm thinking keeping the Malibu, then buying a project Monte I will post up pics of my new ride soon!

Quick Reply: Traded in my Monte :(