Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

02 Monte 3.4 cranks has spark and fuel no start

Old 03-14-2018, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 02 Monte 3.4 cranks has spark and fuel no start

Hi everyone been a while since I’ve been on here, but finding myself once again the owner of Monte, I find myself in need of help.
I changed the head gaskets on the car, something I’ve done a half dozen times on 3.1-3.4, and the last three were Montes. The car was running when I tore into it, and I have spark, and 50psi fuel pressure key on, and 55-57 cranking. Also won’t start on starting fluid. Thought the cam sensor tested bad, but replacing it did nothing. Have checked all connections and everything is tight. The car was garaged, everything under the hood is pristine. I’m usually the guy everyone comes to, so I am really scratching my head. Hoping someone will give me the “hey dumbass!” moment. Thanks in advance h

Old 03-17-2018, 10:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Any lights? Is the message center showing a "Security" message? Check it with a scan tool? How do you know for sure you have spark?

Old 03-19-2018, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the reply. I actually had my own aha moment. I had been working on my daughters Firebird, and had her firing order going through my brain, so I was thinking right side even left side odd. Had determined in my brain it was a timing, so I checked the wires again, and kicked myself in the ***! It sucks getting old. Lol. Car runs great now, Thanks. h

Old 03-20-2018, 04:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

It is always a great feeling when they come back to life. Good luck

Search this Thread