Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

SpeedForce Custom ST or TT kit FAB?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Default SpeedForce Custom ST or TT kit FAB?

Hi looking for someone willing with first off the time and of course some money to build a SFR Turbo kit for. Pretty much here are the rules WE cover labor and the time taken to design a turbo kit for the sixth generation monte carlo. YOU cover just the cost of materials and parts. WE together will decide the turbo or turbos to go with depending on your engines strength and what you are longing for as far as driviblity. I personally am wondering what the cast iron block is capable of!!! So if you have a built block awesome if you don't well we will push it to the limits. If anyone is interested please pm me with specs of your vehicle and what your availability is. We like to usually have 1 month with the vehicle to ensure a quality kit with no drivabilty issues. Also there will be two versions made from this kit one being a low boost stock block application, the other being big power and big boost. This is not completely free you will have to buy materials, turbo(s), fuel delivery, and some professional tuning software.(All at our cost 100%)

The total cost of the kit to are candidate will be substantially lower than what it will cost to buy and have installed by any shop on the retail market. Please remember this is only to one person and to find the limits safely of the L36 or L67 platform. Thanks for your time and have a good day.

By the way when we say turbo kit it includes custom intake manifold, s.s. turbo headers, intercooler, piping, exhaust, and fuel system all built in-house.

Last edited by SpeedForceRacing.TurboTec; 04-17-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: adding details
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello, just trying to be the Devil's Advocate here. What if you pop the volunteers motor during your fab / test period, who foots the bill for that? Why don't you find a L36 out there and go it alone and not involve someone elses car with your experiment. Then when you have all the bugs worked out the system will be ready to market.
I mean right now there are a couple dependable proven turbo kits out there for about $3500 or so and the guy does not lose his car for a month or two. Cartuning has a great turbo package and all your buying is parts and spend about 8 hours installing it.
Plus I have come to find out there is no such thing as Turbo headers possible for our cars. One can fabricate exhaust manifolds but not headers that will work on a 6th gen. Monte turbo car.
I just don't see the advantage of this offer to the car owner... unless I'm missing something.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd be all over this if I hadn't gone so ***** deep in the M90 setup

Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by PacerSS
I'd be all over this if I hadn't gone so ***** deep in the M90 setup
Really? Guess I'm really missing something then. Perhaps someone will pony up their Monte for these guys to do their magic on then. Me, like you I'm to far down the road.
I bet by the time you buy a turbo, hoses,all the intercooler piping, air intake & filter, upgraded MAF, custom exhaust manifolds, down pipe, crossover, intercooler,injectors, fuel pump, fuel lines, blow off, wastegate, gauges, HP tuner and odd and end parts plus your car gone for a month, it's going to add up to a fair amount still. Easily $3500 and more I bet. Could be interesting to see how this washes out, they might be on to something, I'm not the pro at this. But I would need a build cost and not have an open ended ticket, it could get ugly both ways. If they do this for a living they should really be able to dial their parts cost in pretty tight and present it to you before work starts.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:45 AM

I understand were you are coming from completly, however its always best to have a working version of anything you Fabricate, Build whatever. That shows people its not just a pipe dream. As far as open ended ticket come on we are a legitment company that has repeatedly put some of the biggest and safest numbers down on multiple platforms. I'm new to this forum and have taken an interest in building our own turbo kit for this vehicle. No one has to volunteer there ride its merely an offer for both party's involved to get what they want as fare as possible. Now for the engine issue were not gonna stick a car on either one of are two dynos and turn the boost all the way up to see what happens, unfortunately we know what were doing. If for some reason an engine is destroyed were not gonna just let the owner for the vehicle picked, just eat it either we will make sure all party's are happy.(most all of this will be discussed prior to any work and a legal document will be drawn up to protect everyone involved from any headaches)

its late and i apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes i know how hard it can be to some times understand the babile

Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Be a good deal for someone in the area

Old 04-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Sorry if I came across to hard with my opinion. I went to their website and they have a shop full of nice cars being worked on, so they do pull in clients with deep pockets. And to have a big shop like that with all the lifts, they have to be doing something right. So perhaps they are making someone a one time offer that is good for both parties. It's just not for me as I had a shop have my car for 6 months, open ticket, $20,000 later full race motor, turbo system etc. and about 1500 miles later popped the motor on the freeway. No warranty no nothing, lost it all. Had to do it all over again, but with a different shop.
So perhaps I'm just jaded and don't like the open ticket route. And this shop when it comes down to signing the papers may provide an approximate build cost give or take a few hundred. And if they are willing to work with you in sharing financial responsibility if the build goes bad, thats a positive to. As we all know when your boosting, things can and do break. Like I said, they have a nice shop, large crew and have some sic builds behind them, could be just the perfect opportunity for someone wanting to get boosted...

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 04-18-2013 at 11:36 AM.