Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Detroit - mi

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:05 PM

Well, that puts me out. I will on a cruise starting the 14th.... I am new to this forum and will try to keep track on meets.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:22 AM

Well, other than the week mentioned. I have a better chance of making it. I do fly back on the 19th. So, if I am not in withdrawl. I maybe able to swing a 20 or 21.

But, you guys go ahead and pick a date. I will do my best to be there.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BuddeOs
Zipper how familiar are you with Hesperia Mi? Does the last name Barnes ring a bell?
I'm more familiar with road names in Hesperia because I went to high school in Shelby, but lived closer to Hesperia. I take it you use to live over there?

Old 07-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Punk Life I'm right around Sterling Heights, and those two weekends are good for me also. I might favor the 14th a little more, but I'm flexible.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:02 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
There USED to be a Monte Carlo get together and cruise just for the Monte's. Here is the link I have:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...CarloCruizers/

There ALSO used to be a group nick named MMG in the Detroit area that had meets in Warren, but they also have faded away since Andrea moved west:
http://montemill.com/

I KNOW there is interest, just doesn't seem to be anyone heading anything up right now. It's a shame.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...CarloCruizers/

Is the Monte group still a viable group?

Andrea moved west????????????

Old 07-24-2010, 04:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Andrea will be a junior this fall at Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport Iowa, I believe. I think Tom is still around the Detroit area though. MMG hasn't had much going on lately.
Monte Carlo Cruisers also seems to be defunct, or at least their web page is inactive. Cort might know, ask him.

Last edited by RocknSS04; 07-24-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:36 AM

How does August 20th sounds since some are not able to make it on the 14th? Now the question is where is it going to be? MMG had meets at Halmich Park on 13 Mile rd between Ryan and Dequinder on the north side of 13 Mile.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:01 PM

Hey guys, sorry about the delay in responding. August 20th is great for me, whatcha think Buddeos?
Sir Monte I know exactly where that park is, that would be a great meeting point if everyone agrees. But I'm down for whatever...

Old 07-26-2010, 05:07 PM

The 20th will work for me, I hope Cyst3m joins this discussion soon I sent him a PM and he sounded interested in joining us. Finding a place will be a little difficult due to the complexity of the dream cruise. We could meet somewhere just a few miles off Woodward to meet up with everyone and then cruise the show with the montes. Pretty much all I want to do is cruise with a few other montes, ideally park somewhere together, and check out all the other stuff they have there. You can easily spend all day there, Woodward dream cruise is a huge deal if you don't know what it's like. Sir Monte Hemlock sounds like it could be just far enough away to meet up, do you know if you need to pay an admission or anything to get into that park? I think I might have a metropark pass to save the 3 bucks or whatever.

Zipper - One of my old roommates lived there, and I go snowboarding at Caberfae quite a bit in the winter time. I'm also familiar with flip city out by Shelby, you might not recognize that if you don't know anything about disc golf. It's just known as one of the best courses in the nation.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:10 PM

I'm going near woodward this friday, I'll scope it out to see if there is anywhere we can gather near the strip...

Quick Reply: Detroit - mi