Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Cruise to the Woods

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 01:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
agreed, your car is certainly show worthy MINE on the other hand is the one not show worthy
Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
What?

Your Monte is most definitely show worthy. Anyone who puts that much time and effort towards customizing their Monte deserves to show it off at car shows at least once in a while. Especially after winning MOTM. In that given month the majority voted your ride the best, therefor its 100% showable IMO
You can't see the rust, dents, and scratches in the photos.. I'd feel a lot better about the car if I fixed the rust and dents. If at minimum, I'd have to fix the rust before I ever put it in a show, but maybe I have to high of standards..

Old 09-19-2012, 01:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
You can't see the rust, dents, and scratches in the photos.. I'd feel a lot better about the car if I fixed the rust and dents. If at minimum, I'd have to fix the rust before I ever put it in a show, but maybe I have to high of standards..
You might just have too high of standards haha. I've seen plenty of rust, dings, dents, etc. at shows. My poor monte has some rust starting on the front passenger inner fender I've got plenty of chips and scratches as well. My front bumper is cracked/spiderwebbed all over the passengers side but no one ever see's in pics online Most don't even notice at shows, I've honestly never had someone say anything bad about my cars imperfections, I think my car show sign makes it pretty obvious that it's daily driven.. I need a decal or something to make it widely known that this car doesn't normally just sit around all shined up haha

Believe it or not, a lot of the people I've talked to at shows tend to have a greater appreciation of your work if it's something you enjoy all the time and not just once a week or during car show season etc.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:39 PM

You might just have too high of standards haha. I've seen plenty of rust, dings, dents, etc. at shows. My poor monte has some rust starting on the front passenger inner fender I've got plenty of chips and scratches as well. My front bumper is cracked/spiderwebbed all over the passengers side but no one ever see's in pics online Most don't even notice at shows, I've honestly never had someone say anything bad about my cars imperfections, I think my car show sign makes it pretty obvious that it's daily driven.. I need a decal or something to make it widely known that this car doesn't normally just sit around all shined up haha

Believe it or not, a lot of the people I've talked to at shows tend to have a greater appreciation of your work if it's something you enjoy all the time and not just once a week or during car show season etc.

Thanks for the input I am a perfectionist. I've never been to a car show before so I don't know what to expect. There aren't too many around here You should let me know if there are any more car shows around here coming up, or are they done for the season?

Old 09-19-2012, 01:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Thanks for the input I am a perfectionist. I've never been to a car show before so I don't know what to expect. There aren't too many around here You should let me know if there are any more car shows around here coming up, or are they done for the season?
I believe there are quite a few left.

If you are interested in going to the Car Show in Webster City this weekend, let me know. I still have some work to do to my car but I think I'll have it driveable by Friday. It would be an awesome first show IMO, not too many cars, pretty cool set-up, FREE ENTRY

My custom intake won't be done because of an incorrect shipping address, thanks Spectre (intake couplers are being sent back and then a new label attached, THEN sent to me for the second time) so I'll have to run my K&N or stock box this week at least. Oh well though lol.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 PM

I believe there are quite a few left.

If you are interested in going to the Car Show in Webster City this weekend, let me know. I still have some work to do to my car but I think I'll have it driveable by Friday. It would be an awesome first show IMO, not too many cars, pretty cool set-up, FREE ENTRY

My custom intake won't be done because of an incorrect shipping address, thanks Spectre (intake couplers are being sent back and then a new label attached, THEN sent to me for the second time) so I'll have to run my K&N or stock box this week at least. Oh well though lol.
Well count me out for this weekend at least.. but hit me up on the next one

Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 PM

Don't think I'm gonna be able to make it to the cruise, too many things keeping me busy and not much money to spend :/

Old 09-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

These are all things you know about and bother you, any passer bys arent gonna look over your car with a magnifying glass. I'd say you're just being a bit hard on yourself. Clean it up and take it to a show one day, who knows maybe you'll score a trophy for us 5th gens