Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   Cruise to the Woods (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/cruise-woods-38773/)

01 Monte SS 09-08-2012 01:33 PM

Cruise to the Woods

Anyone in the area ever been to a "Cruise" before? I'm for sure going! Got a lot left to do to my Monte but being done by October 7th is the goal :thumbsup:

Here's some brief info. about the cruise/club:

The WC Cruisers Car Club is host to the mid-west’s largest and most unusual cruise car show, the Cruise to the Woods. With an average of over 1,200 cars the past 5 years, this past year boasted over 1,500 cars. The show has a wide range of vehicles from 1924 through brand new “Classics of Tomorrow”. Half of the vehicles each year are Chevy, a fourth are Ford and the rest, a little bit of everything. The cars mainly come from all over the Midwest, but participants have joined us from many of the other 50 states, including Alaska. Couples from Colorado and California come often and a man from Canada made the cruise part of his trip. Check out the Cruise to the Woods page to see why it is so popular and so different.

I went to a few shows this summer and always saw some members of the WC Cruisers. I'm from Webster City as well so I kind of have an idea who some of them are. Very cool people who have a great appreciation for just about any ride. I haven't joined yet but I'm thinking I might later on.

I know a lot of the rides in the cruise are classics but there's quite a few newer vehicles as well. I'd love to see some other Monte owners take part in the cruise if you're able. Should be a great time :)

Here's a link to the WC Cruisers site: WC Cruisers - WC Cruisers

Here's the Cruise Flyer:
http://www.wccruisers.com/uploads/3/...880698.jpg?527

If you're interested, print out a flyer and send it in by the 30th, then shine up your Monte and meet up at the nearest Cruise Route :)

This will probably be the last cruise/show I do with the Monte this year. Usually pretty busy with school this time of year but I'm making this one a priority.

joeykl66 09-08-2012 04:53 PM

wish i was closer

AwesomeSS 09-08-2012 07:54 PM

Sounds really cool - we kinda have something similar but not on that scale - it's Toys for Tots cruise to Volo Auto Museum. People from the South meet at one location and people from the North meet at another location and all meet at Volo.

lougreen03 09-09-2012 03:31 AM

One of the bigger shows we have here has a cruise the night before. They go all around town and through a few of the nursing home parking lots and end at a car lot that is a sponsor of the event. People usually line the roads along the route to see all the cars.

zzapultimate 09-09-2012 09:58 AM

This is interesting.. I might have to do this :thumbsup:

MonteCarlSS 09-18-2012 11:49 PM

My monte isn't much. but maybe i'll gather some friends and check it out

01 Monte SS 09-19-2012 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by zzapultimate (Post 493567)
This is interesting.. I might have to do this :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by MonteCarlSS (Post 495607)
My monte isn't much. but maybe i'll gather some friends and check it out

You should both check it out :thumbsup:

zzapultimate 09-19-2012 12:27 AM

I don't think I'll be able to make this one.. the monte is definitely not show worthy anyway :rotfl: Would be cool to see all the cars though :thumbsup:

01 Monte SS 09-19-2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by zzapultimate (Post 495611)
I don't think I'll be able to make this one.. the monte is definitely not show worthy anyway :rotfl: Would be cool to see all the cars though :thumbsup:

What? :eek:

Your Monte is most definitely show worthy. Anyone who puts that much time and effort towards customizing their Monte deserves to show it off at car shows at least once in a while. Especially after winning MOTM. In that given month the majority voted your ride the best, therefor its 100% showable IMO :thumbsup:

Leprechaun93 09-19-2012 12:47 PM

agreed, your car is certainly show worthy:thumbsup: MINE on the other hand is the one not show worthy:rotfl: