Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Cruise In/Cancer Benefit June 2nd Owatonna, Mn

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cruise In/Cancer Benefit June 2nd Owatonna, Mn

This is For a member of my Car Club and his family

(link to original thread on MNGMP)
Cruise In/Cancer Benefit June 2nd Owatonna, Mn
As some of you may know my Wife is battling stage 3 breast cancer. She has been having incredible progress and is beating it but the medical bills are starting to pile up and she is currently on medical leave.

We are hosting a Cruise in / Fundraiser on June 2nd at the Eagles Club... in Owatonna. The cruise in will go from 3:00 to 5:00 and it is my understanding we will have the entire parking lot for the Cruise in. There will be a meal of pulled pork sandwiches from 4:00 to 7:00 and live entertainment from 7:00 to 11:00. There will be a silent auction through out the night and the tables will be closed every 1/2 hour.
Auction sheets will have description, donated by, value and minimum bid. Meal tickets will be $6.00 or $7.00 the day of the event. Children under 3 are free. As we are in the process of organizing this event this is just a tentative schedule of events.

I have never organized a Cruise in before so if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it as enjoyable as possible please let me
know.

Thank you,

Kurt Eastberg.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM
10 Year Member

I will be attending this and hope to see some of you out there

Old 04-23-2012, 11:07 AM
10 Year Member

Here is a link to the event page for this that I set up on Facebook. I am working a ton of hours right now and while I will do my best to keep everyone updated here, the Facebook page will be the most up to date.
http://www.facebook.com/events/388577611174903/
I looked at the parking lot this morning and it looks like we have room for a little over 70 cars. I just wanted you guys to know that I wnted you guys to know that I want to be sure that everyone here and from the Northstar Chevelle club is able to find a spot. There will be parking on the street as well. If I could get a count of cars that are coming it would be great. I understand that some of you are riding together.thanks again.
his newest post

Old 05-07-2012, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member

We are getting alot of great responses for donations for the silent auction. We are receiving items from Year One,Tucker Hibbert,and Napa Auto Parts. Napa is going so far as donating 4 passes for the NHRA Nationals at BIR with a meet and greet with Ron Capps and a lot of shop tools and equipment as well. We are receiving a wide variety of other items as well. There will truly be something for everyone. I hate to say it but we probably need a bigger location but we are just going to have to make do with what we have. I will post updates as they are available. Thank you again everyone for your continued support.
update bump,

Old 05-21-2012, 07:43 PM

bump thread.

i am also showing up in my Monte as well. it's my home town and Kurt is a great guy. It would be awesome to see some other members from here show up also. It's an anything kind of car show, nothing specific. Just come there to meet some new people, see some cool cars, have a bit to eat, and help out Kurt and his family.