Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My girlfriend has cancer I believe... :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Unhappy My girlfriend has cancer I believe... :(

This isn't a joke or some link to a funny picture, this is serious. Lately my girlfriend has been extremely upset to the point where she feels like life at this point is meaningless to her. She keeps talking about how whatever she does from here on out is just a waste of time and effort. Well today I found out it was a life threatening issue. She wouldn't tell me exactly but it makes sense considering all the issues she been having with her body the past couple years and it's just been getting worse. I believe she just recently found out because her Dad took her to the doctor and after that day she hasn't been the same ever since. We tried talking today on the phone and she broke down into tears saying she just couldn't talk about it and that I needed to just get away from her because I am wasting my time. I thought to myself I love this girl, she knows me better than anyone else in this world and she's been around for 2yrs now. There would be no way in hell I could just let her go, I need to be there for her and help her get through this because she needs me more than ever and losing her would be like it was when I lost my Grandfather in a house fire in 1999, and I can't go through that again. I will do everything in my power to make sure she gets through this and survives, she's got the biggest heart in the world and she needs to know she does have a purpose on this world..
I pray to god that she will make it through this and I will be there for her 110% of the way.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Plan. Hopefully she will make it through it.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:37 PM

We're here if you need to talk. I may have a little idea of what you're going through.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear about your girl , Pray everything turns out ok..

Old 01-22-2012, 09:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Sorry to hear about this.. The best thing to do is to tell her exactly what you told us in case you haven't already..

Originally Posted by jwjones
I thought to myself I love this girl, she knows me better than anyone else in this world and she's been around for 2yrs now. There would be no way in hell I could just let her go, I need to be there for her and help her get through this because she needs me more than ever, I will do everything in my power to make sure she gets through this and survives, she's got the biggest heart in the world and she needs to know she does have a purpose on this world..
I pray to god that she will make it through this and I will be there for her 110% of the way.
My prayers are with you man, hopefully it's something treatable or you two can at least work things out.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 PM

JW I am truly sorry to hear that news. I have not had to deal with cancer for anybody I was close to. I hope I never do. You will be in my thoughts.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:07 PM

My prayers are with you man, thats a terrible burdon to carry alone which is why its good you will be there for her, and im sure also her family and friends.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend, be strong for her and keep her fighting and she will beat it bro !

Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 PM

keep your head up and keep your faith! pray for God to give you the strngth and i hope everything will be ok

Old 01-22-2012, 10:36 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well until she tells you, you're doing nothing but speculating, and in my experience, myself included, we just tend to assume the worst and start thinking the worst.

If you've known her this long, I'd honestly go behind her back to figure out what's going on. Call her dad and ask what is going on. Call her mom. Call her sister. If she won't tell you, and she's in this kind of condition, find out from someone else.

Hopefully this isn't some sick way of breaking up with you too.

Sorry for being so blunt there.

Quick Reply: My girlfriend has cancer I believe... :(