MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Suggestions for Re-design..

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Default Suggestions for Re-design..

i know i just joined but i take pride in my monte just as much as everyone here....

im not good with V-bulletin so im only making a suggestion.

the color here is awfully bland, like most other forums. perhaps new logos, new color scheme to match, new buttons, possibly even a MCF car club with membership dues, sort of like monte millenium.....

i run a underground hip hop label in new england and its been a while since i did any forum work, mines since then died out. just a shell of the old one due to lacc of time for it.

but heres whats left.

http://theunheardhype.forumotion.com/

also, i do some graphics work i'd be more than happy to help.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

this is our re-design :P

function over form.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:39 AM

its all about simplicity. just a change in the color, a corporate style logo, even add a chatbox so we can all talk live.

im not saying overhaul it im just saying make it feel a little more "monte carlo"

Old 04-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Wow. I actually agree with something you've brought up. I think it would be nice too.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:05 PM

i mean, i got about 3-4 monte carlos i could gather on my blocc alone... i was planning on starting a club here anyway. so i wouldn't mind making this site presentable enough so that people would be interested in membership with the site. and possibly branches of its club which members in their area would manage...

just a thought.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:56 PM

good call on the simplicity. a new logo up top would be real nice. the chat box could be a good idea....but sometimes you may want to just post and get off, and if you have chat it would make it harder to do..... no offense to anyone

Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I actually like the idea of changing the colors on the site. And that pic of the Monte with only one wheel needs to go too.

But here's the deal:

We spent the past year using an old outdated forum software that was corrupted in a virus attack. The format you see now is the format the old forum had. Except the old format had all four tires on that black Monte up top. LMAO.

Basically, we've been so used to a broken forum that had so many glitches, it wasn't funny. So when we finally got our new forum software installed by the owners back in March, we were just happy to have working softare again.

Because of the virus attack last year that took out a couple dozon websites on our servers, the owners of this site are keeping very tight control. Only a select few technical employees (I'm not one of them) have access to make significant changes to the site. Which kinda bites because there have been a few things I wanted to change, and can't.

So what we'd have to do is all agree on specific changes and submit a request to the owners of the site. Then wait God knows how long until they're able to make the changes. Yeah, I know. I don't like it either. That's why most of us are just happy to have a working forum again.

I still want to change that stupid pic of the black Monte with one wheel. And the purple and blue color of the forum should change to something that is more fitting. Classic Chevy colors IMO.

I'd like to get people's ideas for a new logo to replace the broken one at the top of the page. It would have to be roughly the same size as the existing logo (black Monte pic and the words "Monte Carlo Forum").

If we can agree on a new logo, and maybe different colors, we can ask the techs to make the changes.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i'm for that! i'm surprised they haven't been able to fix the picture at the top of the page.

we certainly have quite a few photoshop gurus on here, i'm sure someone could come up with something shiny and new. maybe even have a contest??

Old 04-18-2009, 07:19 PM

the changes would be cool as long as the overall format or layout didnt change too much, it would get confusing. I'm a member of some forums where the txt is white, the background is black, and the other colors are red..it gets overwhelming pretty quick. I like the white backgrounds or something light, nothing too bright or flashy or dark...like everyone else said, nice and simple.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 AM

dark bacc grounds really do work, but it'd be better if they took the time to cover chevy's main color schemes and made like 4-5 different themes so you could have your cars color..

basically like, my chevy is blue/purple, with tan interior and a blacc dash....

blue with tan/white letterings and blacc trim..

and so on...