MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Specific Area for Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Specific Area for Pictures

Alright, I want to bring up something that I've noticed for a long time but haven't addressed. I've noticed most members post their pictures in the "sights 'N Sounds" forum. Technically this forum says it's to "post video and sound clips". It says nothing about pictures so it can be a bit confusing depending on how that is taken.

I'm interested in having a specified area for members to post and share pictures of their car(s). I'm talking just general pictures members post of their car; i.e. just cleaned and detailed and took some pictures, went out and did a photo shoot, or even picture based threads like "post your exhaust tips", etc. So, my first question is, is there a way we can either A) create a new, unique forum specifically for these types of pictures or B) keep it as is and add "pictures" into the description of the "Sights 'N Sounds" forum? My personal opinion would be B since it would obviously be easier and would not require moving of old threads.

Also, while I'm on the topic of pictures, I wanted to address the "Meet & Gathering PICTURES" forum. I see this whole "Meets & Gatherings" forum has been refined and I like what was done. However, most meet picture threads themselves have not made it into this new "Meet & Gathering PICTURES" forum. Looking back before the change, some members posted their meet pictures into the "Meets & Gatherings" forum but I think most put theirs into the "Sights 'N Sounds" forum.

My second question is, can someone spend a little time and go through "Sights 'N Sounds" and "Meets & Gatherings" and move the necessary threads to the "Meets & Gatherings PICTURES" forum please? Maybe that's on someones to-do list but isn't a priority item. It'd be much appreciated to have all these threads in the appropriate area. I would be more than willing to but obviously don't have the rights to do it.

Thank you!

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 02-01-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:24 PM

My suggestion was an actual build/picture area where as you do mods you post about it in your single build thread. More organized. Had that on the cobalt forum when I had my cobalt.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Thanks for the feedback Matt and Soaxin I'll have to run some of this by the rest of the staff.

We've been trying to put some effort into consolidating sections of MCF to make it easier to navigate and place threads in appropriate areas. One thing we are limited on are sections that IB have paid sponsors for.

As for the "Meet & Gathering PICTURES" and "Meets & Gatherings", migrating picture threads over has been on the low end of to-do tasks, but it's there. It took me many nights and hours to collapse the old "how to" sections and create the new "Tech Guides" sections and re-locate all the threads to a more appropriate new home.

@Soaxin - As far as a section to have "build" threads, we're in a tough situation. If we do that, it would make sense to disolve the other sections we currently have (which there are paid sponsors on some of them). Currently, the compromise we're trying to this is I've added prefixes for different types of builds (such as exhaust, engine, even restoration). As the staff encounters a thread, if a member did not use the correct prefix (or maybe it did not exist at the time), we can update it. Thus, any member can search for a specific prefix.

Hang with us guys. MCF has been around for a long time so any small change takes a lot of effort to ensure nothing is lost in the process and it's all as time in our personal lives permit (admin-ing MCF is completely volunteer). But your feedback is appreciated!

Old 02-02-2014, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member

Soaxin, I was addressing just general pictures, not build pictures. As for the "Meets & Gatherings PICTURES", I figured moving threads was a lower priority item and I know it's going to take some time.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Matt,

After some discussion (and delay from me due to things happening offline for me), based on your idea, decided to do the following (some of which, already completed):
- Move the "General Monte Carlo Talk" section to the "General Forums"
- Move "Sights n' Sounds" to "Your Ride"
- Build a new "Showcase Your Ride" for pics, video, sounds about your ride.
- Move threads from the "Sights n' Sounds" section into the Showcase (that apply to the Showcase) and move the rest to "General Monte Carlo Talk".
- Shut down "Sights n' Sounds".

As with any remodel like this, threads may get parked in the wrong spot. If this happens, I ask people to PM any of the staff with a link to the thread. If it's brought to our attention, we're happy to park it where it belongs.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member

Okay cool. I've been back and forth here a few times since then and it's looking good. Thanks for the work guys!