MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Signature Section Request

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:41 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Signature Section Request

Anymore on the MCF, we have several people who request sigs, show off their sigs, and test their sigs. Plus, maybe Craig would like a place to put his work. I think we should add a signature section to this forum.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Signature Section Request

What people have generally been doing is testing in this section. Then the moderators will delete the threads when we get a chance to clean up a bit.

If there is enough demand for members to create and talk about their sigs, we can bring it up with admin Patrick. He has final say in this kind of thing.

However, right now sigs are a hot topic mainly because of the great work Craig is doing. I suspect oncemost people have changed their sigs and are happy with them, the interest will die down.

Something I think that would get a better response may be a "Testing" section. Where people can test posting sigs or pics without getting hit with a spam warning. Any threads in this section would be short lived though. The mods would have to delete these threads fairly quickly to keep the server from being filled with otherwise useless threads. Any help wanted in posting would have to remain in the Help section.

If this is something a majority of members would be interested in, the other mods and I can discuss it.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 AM

How is it going? I am thinking about changing my sig i do have a few pics, but I am getting stuck on howI should ask to have it done since I dont have the capabilities any suggestions would be really helpfull.

thank you
Chuck

Old 12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, I haven't deleted any signature threads since the first round of sig requests to Black Attack. And as you can see, I haven't had to. It was only a problem the first time because people's questions/threads (non-sig related) were quickly getting buried onto page 3 within a few hours of being posted. Since then the demand has died down, and is not a problem. If you want to ask someone to make a sig for ya, go ahead.

As for the request for a new section, I put the question out there to see what kind of response there would be. So far only you and Duane were the only ones to say, yeah we want it. We have over 20 different sections already on this site. If you guys would like a Signature/Testing section, I'll bring this thread to Admin Patrick's attention now, and see what he decides. Please keep in mind, he does have many different sites to take care of in addition to living a normal life, so it may take a few days for a reply.

Edit: sent message to administrator on this request.