General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Request for BLACK ATTACK

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Request for BLACK ATTACK

Craig,
Not sure if you saw this on Cowboy's post or not, but I'm liking these wheels, and the American Racing website doesn't show them on their car configurator. Could you photoshop them on your car, and also do one with the flame paint job you've been talking about? I think they would be awesome!

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/produc...olished%29.bwt

Thanks,
Mark

Old 12-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default RE: Request for BLACK ATTACK

Old 12-04-2007, 10:07 PM

Black Attack,
What program do you use for this, just photoshop or something special?

Old 12-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Photobucket

I ownand use avariety of graphic software, Photoshop CS, Macromedia suite (Flash MX, Freehand MXa, Fireworks MX), Net.Paint, Microsoft Photo Editor, and MS Paint. Each has their strengths and weaknesses. You cannot beat Photoshop for saving a picture so that it retains its quality, and for enhancing them, but as a modifier, it is difficult to use. Your MS Paint that comes FREE with your computer is excellent for removing backgrounds (I blue screen the background because it 100% insures there is no pixel converted). MS Photo Editor is excellent at converting BMPs & JPGs to GIFs and for removing the blue screen to a transparency with one click of the mouse. Macromedia is excellent at smoothing the edges so that they blend into the background. Net.Paint is a quick a general tool for doing it all, when perfection is not needed. But Photoshop is my main program for finalizing because of all its tools and more importantly, its ability to retain picture quality even when you reduce memory size so they load faster!

That is the one thing everyone should keep in mind when creating a sig picture is to keep those pixels down and picture size in check (550 pixels wide, 200-250 high), exceptions Cowboy's and a couple more, but I reduced memory size.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I have Photoshop cs2 and can't use it worth a flip. Also have Paint Shop Pro 9 and Fireworks 8.
I took over doing the website for the Texas Taxidermy Association and took a metal sign we have, added color and was using it on the website. But for the life of me, I can't get the edges smoothed, it's pixelated (almost looks like I cross stitched it and copied it). Would you mind giving me some pointers on how to smooth it but it'll have to be in "idiot, computer illiterate" language, LOL. Here's a link to it, it's the pic at the top of the page www.ttai.org- if you have time and feel like it.
THANKS.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Photobucket

Oh, didn't mean to hijack your thread mad717. Sorry.
Those wheels will look nice on your car.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member

Thanks a lot, Craig. Those wheels do look good on the car. Maybe someday.....

Old 12-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Photobucket

Dusty you just saved yourself a lot of money, because for commercial websites, I charge anywhere from $50 to $5,000 for a Logo and website graphics. But this was simple enough...

This is a GIF file, so it should blend into your background without modification.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Photobucket

That really does look nice and I really do appreciate it, but it's not the exact same as the sign we have and that's what I really wanted to duplicate (the sign is used at our registration desk during shows, it's just a black metal cut out), except I wanted color and only had the template to work with(please do notbe offended, I really, really do appreciate your time). I did the sunset type effect in photoshop, I think, or maybe it was Fireworks, heck I don't remember(can't tell you how or where, just something I stumbled on), but I wanted a little different color than what it gave me. So I blew it up really big so I could see it and basically went pixel by pixel to change it, but in the process it left the edges really rough, they were a bit rough to begin with. That's the thing I can't figure out, I know there is a way to smooth it out but I haven't figured it out. Any pointers in that direction would be very much appreciated. If you'd rather not, I completely understand as I have people all the time in my shop or calling andwanting detailed info on how to mount a deer, LOL.
I'm seriously considering taking an onlinecoursethrough our local community college just for photoshop. I do a few other websites (for friends)but I'm limited as to what I can do in the graphics area because of my lack of photoshop skills (I can do it on paper, just can't do it on the computer).
Have you ever taken any classes on it? Do you think I would get anything out of it? Thank you again for your time.

mad717, again, I'm very sorry for hijacking your thread. If you want the mods to get rid of our posts or put them someplace else, I'm sure they can.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member

Not a problem at all, Becky. I just wanted to see what the AR Torque Thrust II wheels looked like. Thanks again, Craig.

Quick Reply: Request for BLACK ATTACK