Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

2002 Monte Carlo - Trunk Info Request

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Default 2002 Monte Carlo - Trunk Info Request

I am making this request on behalf of a customer.

He is presently serving in Iraq and under normal circumstances I would ask the customer to provide the measurements of the trunk as to the Width, Height and Depth in order to design enclosure to what is recommended or the customers requirements.

If anyone would be kind enough to provide the info, I and the customer would greatly appreciate it.

Phil
Woodlawn Cabinetry

Old 09-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Default RE: 2002 Monte Carlo - Trunk Info Request

I Find it rather interesting and puzzling at the same time given the number of people that viewed this topic yet no one has bothered to provide on shred of information as to what i requested.

I don't see what is so difficult about someone taking a few moments of their time to measure their trunk and posting the measurments.

If the customer was not over in Iraq doing whatever, He would of provided the information without a thought.

I thought forums were created to help folks with questions.

I quess that is a misconception.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:31 PM

hey mr cab thank u for doing that for me i was just going to post it myself but i seen u already did it, i totaly understand what are saying

Old 09-20-2007, 02:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

The trunk is multidimensional. Can you let me know which part of the trunk you want measure?

My car is at the dealer this week but if you let me know which portion of the trunk you are refering to, I will try to help.

I have a 2006 and don't know if it is the same but they are the same generation car.

Are you trying to make a speaker cabinet?

There are a multiple of way to install speaker cabinets in the Monte Carlo.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 PM

I think this is almost an open ended question, as you did not provide enough information as to WHAT you need measured...

Yes, the trunk itself is nothing more than a trunk, but do you need the length, width, and depth of the opening? Perhaps the depth BEFORE the wheel wells? What about the length up to the seats? You do realize that this is quite alot of measurements, and that most of us are nothing more than mechanics that enjoy working on our vehicle when we have the time and money. I personally do NOT feel comfortable enough giving YOU information that you will use to build an item for a soldier. WHAT if these measurements are incorrect?

What if YOU hold ME liable for the fact that you wasted time and material on a project that you probably should have taken measurements for yourself. You can go to ANY GM dealer and explain the situation. I ASSURE YOU that they will allow you to go and take a few measurements with your tape.

Good luck.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: BankheadSS

hey mr cab thank u for doing that for me i was just going to post it myself but i seen u already did it, i totaly understand what are saying
BankheadSS, I saw your only post and don't understand the animosity. Wiz tried to ask you a further question and you didn't respond.

https://montecarloforum.com/m_49897/..._/tm.htm#49897

We are not a bad forum here, but if someone doesn't have an answer, you are more than welcome to ask again. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: MrCabinetry

I Find it rather interesting and puzzling at the same time given the number of people that viewed this topic yet no one has bothered to provide on shred of information as to what i requested.

I don't see what is so difficult about someone taking a few moments of their time to measure their trunk and posting the measurments.

If the customer was not over in Iraq doing whatever, He would of provided the information without a thought.

I thought forums were created to help folks with questions.

I quess that is a misconception.
Wow. Umm I think the reason that it hasn't been answered not only is that there about about 40 dimention numbers we are looking for here when you consider the speaker equipment, trunk hinges, curves, strut towers, strut tower covers, etc and it isn't specified which dimentions you are looking for.

I would also assume that this was posted during the work week when the majority of the forum members are at work and school which allows them only a short time to do anything else. I personally looked at this myself for the first time at 1:15am when I was logged on. Right now it is a slow day at work, but I'm not about to sign out to check the trunk numbers.

The customer in Iraq of course would also jump to it and get dimentions. It is in his self interest to do so and that is what motivates people. The forum gives quick answersfor common question, but trunk size it not one of them. It may realistically take a week to get an answer or if asked on the weekend only a few hours.

Personal note - when asking someone to help and youhaven't considered thecircumstances that they haven't been questions saying that there is a "misconception that forums were a place to get help" pretty much insults everyone associated with it and is a sure fire way not to get an answer. Just a thought.

If just general dimentions I would say 4 foot wide, 4 foot deep and about 1.5 feet high. +/- 1 foot on all dimentions without looking at it.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:48 PM

Alright, I should have better stated the specific's as to the dimensions, however, given this is the Audio/Visual Electronics forum, I'd expected someone that had previous knowledge as to the nature of the inquiry the info I was requesting.

The above picture is the trunk interior of a 2003 monte carlo I found on Car Domian. Given, to my knowledge, since this generation of this monte has been pretty much the same since it was first introduced, it's fair to say that trunk area's for a 2002 to 2007 are pretty much identical, unless someone can produce a picture that reflects otherwise.

To that end, the nature of the request has to deal with specifically to the following:

Maximum width of the trunk area between the wheel wells.
Maximum Height from the floor to the Lowest Extruding Part or item from above ( Deck Lid springs and brackets, Rear Deck Lid Mounted Speakers )
Depth - That is pretty much not an issue given the enclosure being specified by said customer.

Last, I totally understand that given the nature of which said info is provided it is not in my nature to assume anything given that I have been doing this for quite some time and I wouldn't hold anyone accountable if said info provided was not 100% accurate and I am sure that the customer fully understands this as well.

And yes, the nature of the request is for future fabrication of a subwoofer enclosure.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 PM

Just got it for you. 36" Wide and 18" high to a premium stereo amp. Without the amp you can get another inch or so.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Just got it for you. 36" Wide and 18" high to a premium stereo amp. Without the amp you can get another inch or so.
I sir thank you and greatly appreciate the information provided.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: 2002 Monte Carlo - Trunk Info Request