MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Repairing Our MCF Supercharged Monte Carlo Logo

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm going to hold my breath UNTIL IT'S FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with all those who have said to make a new logo with more than just a picture of a 2004 Monte.

Side note: Contrary to popular belief, that's not an Intimidator edition in the logo. The silver badge on the side says "Supercharged" not "Intimidator".

Since my last post, I left another message for Senior Admin Patrick to please ask the techs to fix that broken pic. I even included a complete version of the picture in the message. In case the techs no longer have the complete picture. I really wouldn't hold my breath though. I hear the techs have like over 100 sites they're responsible for, and they work at their own pace.

Back to the idea of a new logo...

I would love to get a new logo for the site. A logo that includes more than just the 6th gens. I would say if people got creative and made some examples, we may have a shot at getting a completely new logo put up instead of fixing the old one.

Some points to consider...

I imagine the new logo would completely replace everything at the top edge of the screen. Including the checker board and the name of the site. So you would have to include the name of the website in your logo. This also means that you wouldn't necessarily have to keep it on the left side of the page.

The purple and grey colors on the site will not change, so keep that in mind. (I'm not crazy about the purple either, but they're just not going to change. We have to get over it.)

Don't blatantly rip off another site's logo. Some of the other sites logos are copyrighted. We could be in violation if we rip off another site's logo. An example of this is NMCOA. They use multiple gens in their logo. So be careful.

When coming up with ideas, use common sense. Don't make it over complicated or so huge it fills an entire screen. The logo is going to be part of every page's download. So the bigger it is, the more time every page is going to take to load.

I can't promise anything, since the owners of the site have final say in this, and I'm not the owner. Neither is admin Patrick. But I think if we came up with something that we all agree on, and is realistically do-able, we can ask that they change it.

Just an idea, anyway. I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask. If they say no, then it'll have to be no.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

we could always have a contest, and vote on designs, or maybe pool ideas and graphics and someone could put them all together? i know it doesn't matter or physically restrict the site, but for a monte carlo forum that half-car up there *is* a pretty sad reality.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's kinda the point I was getting at, but I took 5,000 pages to say it. I motor typed again and got long winded.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:41 AM

hey taz can you get me some diamensions so i dont over size it please

Old 05-16-2009, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Side note: Contrary to popular belief, that's not an Intimidator edition in the logo. The silver badge on the side says "Supercharged" not "Intimidator".
There's an easier way to tell from a distance. The side badges are difficult to read, but appeared to say "Supercharged". The way I knew was the "SS" on the rear is on the right side on an Intimidator SS. In the rear the car is badged as a "Monte Carlo Intimidator SS". I believe this is the only 6th gen Monte Carlo with the SS on the right side, not the left. Details.

I agree on changing the logo. We need the best pics, preferable factory pics from brochures like the current pic, from all 6 gens of Monte Carlos. That shouldn't be too hard to do. Now who's got 6 brochures?

Last edited by RocknSS04; 05-16-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:31 AM

These are my suggestions. Here are my choices for the best pic's of the years. Full size pics are available, but many are 2 or 3 pages wide, so here are the thumbnails. I want to give a HUGE thanks to OldCarBrochures.com for having ALL but one of the brochures up thru 1985. GREAT site!

1974 the others are 2 pages wide and need to be pasted together.

1975 has many to choose from, but I liked the blue. Again 2 page pics

1976 Again 4 good choices, with the cover pic having a great shot of the front with the unique grille with the quad headlights, but my favorite was this pic of the red one with the "Fashion Tone Styling" and sport mirrors

1977 has several, with a nice silver one on a 2 page spread, but I like the blue one with the rallye wheels.

1978 This has a gorgeous 3 page foldout that needs to be pieced together. Here is the cover pic from that year.

1979 This year has 4 great shots, but the cover pic showing the T-tops is my choice.

1981 4 good choices. Here is the cover.

1982. Couldn't find a full brochure, but here is a thumbnail of the cover. It's not a picture, but a rendering. I would not pic this for our banner.

1983 3 choices, this being my favorite

1984 4 good choices. I like this one.

1985 I liked this SS

1986 again, only the cover.

1987 the cover

1988 the cover

1995 Several to choose from. I like the red Z34 here.

From here on things get difficult, but the '95 above is a GREAT pic, and the 6th gens we all ready have a pic of the '04 Supercharged SS, and I think we should stick with that. It's the current pic.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:37 AM

So here are my choices:
Gen 1

Gen 2

Gen 3

Gen 4

Gen 5

Gen 6

JUST KIDDING! The current pic:

Opinions? There are many other nice pics, especially for the 1st 3 gens, but I'm pretty partial to the last 3 gen pics.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:40 AM

You REALLY need to check out this site. There are some REALLY nice pics from 2 and 3 page spreads that I didn't post. Check it out:
http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/main....5658&g2_page=6

Old 05-16-2009, 08:04 AM

And then there are a few others, like the '87 Aerocoupe from a factory dealer card:

or the 4th gen magazine ad "Unwind After The Race"

Quick Reply: Repairing Our MCF Supercharged Monte Carlo Logo