MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

How to make local Monte owners aware of MCF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default How to make local Monte owners aware of MCF?

So I see other Monte's in parking lots and scribble a quick note and place on their windshield to see if they are interested in getting together a Monte Carlo club out here, and have never heard back from anyone. HMMMM? So I'm thinking has anyone else had any luck approaching other Monte owners like this and have they ever got back to you?
This again leads me to think perhaps a more presentable in depth invite would be taken better instead of thrown onto the floor board. The line of thinking was to have a small 7x5 flyer, and on it mentioning The Monte Carlo Forum, a website dedicated to Monte's of all generations where one can find help with mechanical,electrical and aftermarket modifications kind of thing. Young and old, mom and pop, the new Monte owner, long time owners just unaware of the forum. Also express interest in forming or having them join a local Monte Carlo Club. Yada yada yada, I mean this is still a rough draft... Would something like this be cool to have on file at the forum here where we could all print a few up and pass out at our convienence? We could all pitch in and condense it to a respectable attention getting flyer and who knows what may come of it. Or is this idea one of those up in the night looney tune type of things. So those are my thoughts, anyone else??

Old 03-02-2012, 10:31 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I think it would be a good idea, I've got MCF decal on my rear window

Old 03-02-2012, 10:59 PM

I was thinking of having some business cards made up actually lol

Old 03-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ive had montecarloforum.com on my car for quite a while. I think to most people the monte is just another car. To us its a way of life, its more than just a car. I dont think those other people are interested in joining with us car nuts if you get what i mean

Old 03-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I too have the Monte Carlo forum sticker on my back window... I like the idea of business cards with a nice compliment to their vehicle and an invite to join the community... I too have randomly mentioned the forum to a few Monte owners and don't know of any who took me up on it...

Old 03-03-2012, 12:05 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Most people find their way here if they have interest in a forum lol.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I made up some business cards a while back for that. But never really got the nerve up to stick them under people's wipers. Kinda felt weird about it. I like the window stickers. People can see them on our cars and decide to come here on their own. Plus like just mentioned, people looking for a monte forum can find us very easily. MCF comes up first in a google search.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I have the forum decals on my car, and I always park next to other "nice" Montes. I hope they'll take notice of mine when they get out and see the decal lol

Old 03-03-2012, 08:23 AM

Hi `Greg,
"If first you don't succeed, try, try again" 4-Sure..
I also have told many Monte Carlo owner's about the MCF & given them our web site address, but like Keane said, I think some Monte Carlo owners don't want to share & they don't have the love that our member's `do for their Monte's.
I think they are the loser & we should take their Monte's away from them...They don't deserve one ~> LOL

I know when I got my 1st Monte & searched the web, the MCF was the first also that came up on my google search & I've searched no more.*I found a home,..Now, I just post & praise the Super Awesome Chevy Monte Carlo....I believe the Monte Carlo is the best kept secret in the Automotive World

Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Space, your post reminded me of when Popcorn King JJ was going to the Cars-N-Coffee meets a couple years ago. Said there was one Monte owner in particular that always seemed to have an "I'm better than you" attitude towards people.

I told JJ he should've told the guy who he was. "I'm the Popcorn King, dude. You can't snub me!"

Quick Reply: How to make local Monte owners aware of MCF?