MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Hard Steering?

Old 04-27-2014, 07:23 PM
Default Hard Steering?

I'm having issues with the steering being tough especially when going slow or reversing. I've done a little research and seen that the 2011 recall might be the problem with the hose. However i'm few years late on that and I doubt they replaced it. What should I do?

Old 04-27-2014, 07:28 PM

Also is there any underlining issues that 06's have that I should be worried about or keep an eye out for?

Old 04-27-2014, 10:00 PM

Not to sure what you should do, you might contact them and see if they would do anything.

The transmission is one of the biggest issues on 7th gens. I've also heard of steering rack issues. Also they like to drink oil, especially if you still have DOD. Those are the only issues I can think of.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by iMuf View Post
Not to sure what you should do, you might contact them and see if they would do anything.

The transmission is one of the biggest issues on 7th gens. I've also heard of steering rack issues. Also they like to drink oil, especially if you still have DOD. Those are the only issues I can think of.
Thank you for responding! I'm going to stop by tomorrow and see what they say! Hopefully the tranny is good, I don't feel any slippage so far.