MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Info: 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo Ls Unknown Car issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 04:57 PM
Default 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo Ls Unknown Car issues

I’m a new member of the Monte Carlo forums, I’ve owned my 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo for a year now and enjoyed every second of having it.

Two weeks ago I was driving about an hour away and parked, went into the store, came back out and tried to start my vehicle and of course it wouldn’t start we tried
Jumping the car, tapping the starter, everything you can imagine when you are stuck in a situation like that.
Ended up having to get it towed to my mechanic
and he changed the following parts
parts

Fixed transmission leak
new radiator hose
recent oil change
new starter
new battery
new bcm
new ignition switch & ignition coils
Still no start
Before hand it showed no signs of error so I do believe it isn’t a serious issue in the car but as it’s 23 years old who knows…..

If anyone more educated on this vehicle it would be someone on this site as I’m in need to get back on my feet again and be mobile.
Thank you for taking the time.

Old 05-29-2023, 06:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by jaimontecarlo
I’m a new member of the Monte Carlo forums, I’ve owned my 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo for a year now and enjoyed every second of having it.

Two weeks ago I was driving about an hour away and parked, went into the store, came back out and tried to start my vehicle and of course it wouldn’t start we tried
Jumping the car, tapping the starter, everything you can imagine when you are stuck in a situation like that.
Ended up having to get it towed to my mechanic
and he changed the following parts
parts

Fixed transmission leak
new radiator hose
recent oil change
new starter
new battery
new bcm
Still no start
Before hand it showed no signs of error so I do believe it isn’t a serious issue in the car but as it’s 23 years old who knows…..

If anyone more educated on this vehicle it would be someone on this site as I’m in need to get back on my feet again and be mobile.
Thank you for taking the time.
2 things that have given me some issues over the years is the Ground and a Vacuum leak. The Vac leak was a main hose that wen to the brake booster and it was just that it disconnected. popped it back in and wala. Then the grounds will corrode up sometimes in the battery connection and sometimes where it grounds to the frame.
Make sure you keep the old parts for future repairs

Fixed transmission leak won't make a difference for a start
new radiator hose won't make a difference for a start
recent oil change won't make a difference for a start

new starter
new battery
new bcm
What about the Neutral safety switch ( park and nuetral saftey switch it is sometime called) ?
Is the Car Cranking when you try to start it??
if it cranks it could be the following.
What about the fuel pump? turn the ignition to the on but not start and see if you hear a buzzing sound in the rear of the car. If not the fuel pump maybe out. if you have ever run it lower on gas they will overheat and may have issues.
Also your fuel filter maybe plugged
Fuel pressure regulator?

Good luck that is all I can think of.