Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

wires under glove box

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Default wires under glove box

i want to install an internal led fixture in a 98 z34 and dont want to run the wires to the battery because its just a pain in the *** to get to the battery. i saw i think in the manual, that there are wires under the glove box that have power, but arent powering anything. does anyone know the power, pos/negs for these wires, or just another way to hook up the led lights? thx

Old 01-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Default RE: wires under glove box

first of all make life easie on your self. run one main wire in from your bat. to a place that is hidden. then use a small fuse pannel out of radio shack and make a junction box for your self. this will give you a spot to hook anythign you want in to the car and easily.

Also as far as the wires under the glove box those are not a good idea to mess with as mos tof those under there are for the computer and they tend to get finiky when you mess with them.

But your in luck if you have a switch you are planning on useing then just tap the power wire out of the center counil for your cig. lighter. and then add your switch in line with it. and be done with it.
if you dont have a switch make sure what ever you hook in to has power from a switch when you turn off the car so it wont run the bat. down on ya.