Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Will this fit my monte?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
Default Will this fit my monte?

[sm=helpout.gif] Ok i know there are a lot of you with aftermarket head units and much more knowledge about that stuff than me, and i'm hoping you can help me. i have found one that i really like, the pioneer AVIC-F700BT, and i wanted to know if it is compatible with my 05 ss. crutchfield says it's not but best buy says it is. i've looked at many touch screen nav system/radios in my price range and this is the only one that has all the features i want. i also like the next model up, the F900BT, but i like the color of this better and i think it'll match my interior better. plus it's cheaper!

if compatible, will i need the GEX-P920XM to keep my XM radio working through that unit?

i also want to retain the onstar/door/warning chimes and saw the unit for this on massive sale at circuit city yesterday, but i didn't buy it because i vaguely remember reading that you can re-wire it so that you won't need that and those things will still work. is this correct or should i go back to CC and buy it before they close down for good?

i also see that there is a bypass available so that the navigation (and dvd function but i don't care about that) will work while you are driving instead of having to pull over and put on the parking brake. this is where i found this info: http://www.underground-secret.com/pi...bt_bypass.html. is this legitimate? it's only $10 so i don't know what to think about that. but one way or another i can't justify buying a radio/nav system like that without being able to use it on the fly if i need to.

also i know most of you are from the midwest or canada but if there is anyone in the RI/MA/CT area that has any suggestions on where i could get this installed from someone reliable and where i won't get ripped off, let me know. this is certainly wayyyy out of my range to try myself and i don't want to get taken! alternatively if there is anyone anywhere who would like a weekend project for a couple hundred bucks and some beers let me know, i am always up for a road trip [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

any help and opinions are greatly appreciated!! thanks all!! [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 02-25-2009, 12:12 AM
Default RE: Will this fit my monte?

i just found the Jensen VM9022HDN, which i think i might like more than the pioneer...i'm looking for reviews of it now but i'm thinking i like this more than the pioneer actually. has the same features i'm looking for plus it has bluetooth and HD radio built in instead of needing another adapter as with the pioneer. so even though it's more expensive i like the look of it more than the pioneer so it's now tops on my list

Old 02-25-2009, 02:35 AM

if i remember correctly, the 00-05's have a din and a half. the jensen is a double din and will not fit! you could change out your whole radio are to make it fit, but that is costly. look for a 1.5 din up on ebay or where ever else you like to shop. 06-07 has double dins like myself, and could fit a single din - a double din. hope this helps you

Old 02-25-2009, 12:40 PM

go to crutchfield.com they will show u exactly what fits and what doesnt fit in your specific year and model =)

Old 02-25-2009, 02:07 PM

thats my dash in my 01. I think they count as just a double....

Old 02-25-2009, 08:56 PM

thanks everyone, according to crutchfield it is the "double DIN" or 2 DIN. the pioneer and the jensen are both that size. they don't show up on crutchfield as able to fit, but a couple other places i've seen that it will fit with an adapter. so i really don't know what to do now. i'll have to check with some local places and get a measurement and an opinion in person. thanks again for your help, if i ever get time to get it done i'll let you know how i make out!!