Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

trunk rattle solution

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default trunk rattle solution

over winter break it got a lil warm(i was in kentucky) so i decided to my trunk rattle problem and i did three things and still have one last area...
1. i went out and got some kind of weatherstrip/sealer tape and put it on the back of my plate, probly be better to get dynomat but im in college so yeah...
2. used the same tap and unscrewed the top 5 screws i think maybe a lil more and put it between where the bumper meats the metal of the bottom of the trunk metal.(have pics if anyone wants one just have to put them on my comp)
3. took out the vent in the passengerside rear finderwell (get to it through trunk) and closed the hole (this made alot bigger diff than i thought)
4. the last thing im going to do is stop the auto trunk opener from rattleing

Old 01-23-2007, 07:40 AM
Default RE: trunk rattle solution

yeah actually i would love to see the photos of this. I keep thinking i need to do somethign with mine. Thank god the rattel i have now is not that bad just the plate but i know when i get the new subs i want i will need to do something.

What did the vent do for you? did it give you a more solid hit in the base?

also do you have the sunroof in your car? i know i lose alot of it out the sunroof i can watch it jump when i turn the radio up to much you can feel the air excape out of it .

Old 01-23-2007, 11:43 AM

ok theres the pic hope that helps alittle. That made a pretty big difference but the plate was the biggest by far i just used the same stuff and put it on the back of my plate. And as for the vent thing it helped seal my trunk off more and it hits a little better and it took away an annoying high pitched rattle when i had my trunk poped and was bumpin. As far as the sunroof goes i havent noticed anything out of the ordinary besides the fact that i need to put some kind of greeseon it cuz it jumps when i open it but dont think thats sub related. now if only i can get all my interior pieces to stop rattleing for a decent amount of time, it seems like every time i fix one another peice starts rattling.

[IMG]local://upfiles/160/14A685B1242E4583AAC8F40E41B30729.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-23-2007, 04:42 PM

yeah part of the reason why i wan ta beater car is so i can gut the monte and do the whole sound deadnign thing to it. . I would love to do the dyno mat but i cant see paying that price for it. so im goign to look in to other options that are out there that have good reviews and rating also.

but i plan to do everythign on the floor and ceiling and sides of the car when i do this. so the car will be down for some time while i do this.
also am thinking it will eb when i paint my flames on it the way i wan them.
thanks fo rthe photos but it is upside down LOL

Old 01-23-2007, 05:54 PM

lol it considers what you mean by upside down did you expect me to get in my trunk to take the picture.... thats from the back of my car looking down into the trunk

Old 01-24-2007, 09:34 AM

you mena you didnt climb in the trunk for that? LOL
actually i was thinking that as it wsa hard to see well till i fliped it right side up to me .
but thanks for the input now i know what else to look fo rin a rattel

Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 PM

yeah you just gotta turn your subs on then start takin things apart and see what happens...

Old 01-25-2007, 05:16 AM

yeah i have a test disk that gose threw all of the frq.'s some of them make the whole car rattel but this is not somethign your ever goign to stop completly. but the small ones that are there in every day use are the ones i want to get rid of.

Like the one behind my dash that i cant seem to find and im ready to tear the dash aprt to fid it agian. but want to make sure i ahve somethign to drive first. i plan to make sure when i put it togeather it will nto have to come apart for this agian.