Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

subs

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 02:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site. As you can see we have plenty of members with a lot of info here.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Fatboy501
He can get into the sundown/aq game fairly cheap.... 2 sa12s and an AQ1200D will run less than 450 shipped. For the money spent, that combo will get plenty loud with the correct enclosure. The 1200D is right at RMS for the SA-12s as well (600 a piece) although a lot of people run 1k to them daily with no problems. It will also allow him to keep his stock electrical. Check woofersetc.com for the Sa-12s and audioque.com for the AQ1200D. As far as 8s in the doors.... go ahead, but they do make 8, 10, and even 12" mid-woofers. Running a subwoofer in each door will take up quite a bit of your footwell, but to each his own.
Sundown SA-12's are pretty savage entry level subs, it amazes me how much power they can handle, and when given sufficient power they get busy!

The AQ1200 is a pretty nice amp, it's not the prettiest thing to look at but it's simple design is no indication of the beast that lies under the case. That thing makes good power, clean power, and at a price range that in all honesty could be raised a bit and still be worth every penny.

But a pair of SA-12's is like $380 shipped, and another $250 shipped for the amp, that's $630 shipped for it all, where'd you come up with under $450?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by DBS MC
Sundown SA-12's are pretty savage entry level subs, it amazes me how much power they can handle, and when given sufficient power they get busy!

The AQ1200 is a pretty nice amp, it's not the prettiest thing to look at but it's simple design is no indication of the beast that lies under the case. That thing makes good power, clean power, and at a price range that in all honesty could be raised a bit and still be worth every penny.

But a pair of SA-12's is like $380 shipped, and another $250 shipped for the amp, that's $630 shipped for it all, where'd you come up with under $450?
Lol oops... I gave the price for the single sa-12/AQ1200 combo I'm planning for myself. Thanks for catching that bro! Still, for $650, that's one hell of a combination. If he upgrades his electrical and kicks it up to the 2200, he'd be doing some work.

Last edited by Fatboy501; 01-21-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:03 PM

Lol oops... I gave the price for the single sa-12/AQ1200 combo I'm planning for myself. Thanks for catching that bro! Still, for $650, that's one hell of a combination. If he upgrades his electrical and kicks it up to the 2200, he'd be doing some work.
Yes that would be a lot of work.. but i couldnt think of a better way to spend a weekend lol

Old 01-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Actually "doing work" is a reference to subwoofers getting down lol. The actual workload wouldn't be much worse than a standard system install, depending on his mechanical skills. Install a new alternator, do the Big 3 upgrade underhood, install battery in the rear... not too much trouble for the payoff. He has to run wires in either case... I highly suggest going with 1/0. QUALITY 1/0, that is. A great company is KnuKonceptz.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:49 PM

Haha, I was about to hit you up if you had the connection like that! I agree, those Sundowns are very stout ****'s that get down! And AQ is an up and comer in the car audio game that makes a solid product at a price that's very affordable. I think the SAZ-1500 would be a better match for those subs, they'd love the extra power, but damn those things are expensive. But as far as bang for the buck, hard to beat that combo of AQ1200 and SA-12's.

Actually "doing work" is a reference to subwoofers getting down lol. The actual workload wouldn't be much worse than a standard system install, depending on his mechanical skills. Install a new alternator, do the Big 3 upgrade underhood, install battery in the rear... not too much trouble for the payoff. He has to run wires in either case... I highly suggest going with 1/0. QUALITY 1/0, that is. A great company is KnuKonceptz.
Are you Fatboy from CSF?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:04 PM

Nah, not aware what CSF is. I am fatboy on CACO and FGF and ROE. Yeah, an saz 1500D would be nice, but the AQ2200 would run him a little less. Nice to know someone else on here knows about these brands! Let's educate the masses!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:22 PM

Nah, not aware what CSF is. I am fatboy on CACO and FGF and ROE. Yeah, an saz 1500D would be nice, but the AQ2200 would run him a little less. Nice to know someone else on here knows about these brands! Let's educate the masses!
That's where I seen that name, CACO. I just sold my old LG Vu to nismos14 over there a few minutes ago

The AQ would cost less, but he'd have to have the electrical to back it up if he expects to get the power it can put out.

Yeah buddy, AQ and Sundown FTW!

Old 01-23-2011, 02:36 PM

I paid around $400 for speakers all the way around, head unit, amp, and subs. I'm running a Pioneer head unit, Cadence XA400.1 amp, and MTX Thunder 6000's for subs. Now for speakers I am running 2 Cadence 5 1/4" door speakers and 2 JL Audio 6x9's in the back. All of this was done all for around $400. I got great deals via people I know, eBay, and Craigslist. To be honest with you, Cadence is one of the best brands I've ever gotten my hands on. I can run my amp beating the hell out of it for hours, and it barely even gets warm.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:39 AM

hey fellas, its me again, i lost my license for 6 months, so i havent even thought to come on here, but thanks for everyones input. one of my buddies just got a ten inch bazooka sub, ive been looking at the 12" bazookas now, and wondering if anyone else has experience with those? are they really any good? if so i think ill go with dual bazookas in the trunk, thanks again guys.

Quick Reply: subs