Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Steering Wheel Controls

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Default Steering Wheel Controls

Hey all!

Be patient with a newbie, as I've just registered for this awesome site last week. Did some digging, but didn't find QUITE what I was looking for, an wasn't sure exactally where to post this, as it's kinda a two-part question.

So, I recently bought a 2000 Monte LS in ticket-me-please torch red. I've already started customizing it to my liking (replacing all my interior dash lights to green LEDs, ordered roof rails, having custom embroidered seat covers made, ect.)

One thing it didn't come with, an really want, is the steering wheel radio controls.

Some posts an ppl say that the 6th gen wheel harness IS complete to accept just the button panels, others say it doesn't. Does anyone have a definate answer as to whether or not I can plug-n-play the control panels for the radio?

If so, I am reaching out to see if anyone has a set of them they'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price? I'm not quite sure how much they go for, but I don't want to break the bank or get ripped, either.

Thanks for your help! I should have pics up soon, as I've still not had the weather to wax her yet. Hells, it took about 4 hours just to take the clay bar to it! All said an done, she should really pop, as I've not seen another Monte, or even another CAR that's that outrageously red in my town. Truely a one of a kind here!

Old 10-16-2013, 10:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

According to this thread below, you can add wheel controls by swapping the panels on the left and right sides of the air bag and having the correct harness between them:
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...harness-45006/

If interested, I currently have a set of wheel controls with the harness for sale, $50 shipped. For a pic, go to this thread below:
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pr...ts-sale-43701/
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pr...01/#post556619

Old 10-19-2013, 12:43 AM

Maniac,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Sorry I haven't been on since then, but you know, life an such.

I would DEFF. be interested in your sale of the controls. Problem is that money is tight, atm, having to deal with personal issues. (Who doesn't have them?).

Were they still available when I've the funds, I am most certainly interested in them. Seems a fair price. Also was interested in the surfboard spoiler. It is red in the photos, but is that Torch red? Any cracks?

Old 10-19-2013, 01:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

No problem at all.

To my knowledge GM only had one red for the '00-'05 Montes, so if the color name is "torch red" that should be it. It's factory paint on it, good condition.

Just shoot me a private message or an e-mail at the.maniac404@gmail.com when you want to order the parts and as long as they are still available, we can do this deal.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:43 AM

Right on. Thank you for the help. I will be in touch.