Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

SQ build

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think the air bag would still work, it would just snap that part of the pod off, either way i like the work you've done, keep it up

Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 PM
3 Year Member

end of the day, i pretty much got em done, the passenger side needed some touch up, than i noticed that the tail of behind the pod wasn't adheared to the plastic, i broke it off, turned out to be a rather larger peice i had to rough up the suface and i just put on a new layer, it was getting dark so i called it a night. since i had a batch mixed up, i patched up the driver side, and its pretty much at paintable condition, i think i went a bit overboard seeing how it's all getting vinyl, but if you're going to do it, might as well do it right and to last ^_^

Old 03-22-2011, 11:06 PM

hey man keep us updated, its looking good. that fiberglass stuff is pretty tough to work with, im making a sub box right now using it, the low spots are killing me, cant wait to see how it turns out man!

Old 03-23-2011, 06:54 PM
3 Year Member

weathers kind of got me held up, i'm still tweaking the bondo job to keep it uniform around the ring, so i can wrap it. going to be a bitch to wrap form what i'm seeing too. im going to have to put a seem somwhere to get the conpound angles i have :\ guess i shouldn't of assumed so much about the material. but for now we have temps in the 30's and right now snow and thunder storms, weathers just kinda bitch slapping me right now with a tripple wammy.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:02 PM
3 Year Member

I've been held back by the weather, today was the first mildly acceptable day in a long time and i really didn't get anything done. i've begun preperations to vinyl it, but i'm having trouble figuring out how to do it.

but i'm done with the driver side, it just needs to be vinyl'd and it's done. I wasn't abble to finish bondoing out fills on the passenger side last time i was working on it, i goed snow'd out...i know snow -_- weathers crazy lately.

anyways...i mounted up the passenger side for the first time since I mocked it up with the ring. I have NO IDEA what happened but it happened in a good day, I know the one gentleman pointed out that if my air bag went off it would of hit pod, well apparently something happened..i have no idea, maybe when I was mocking it up i didn't have the trim piece all the way in and didn't realize it, but in the end they were exactly even and it worked out.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:11 PM

Can you take a picture of the pods in place while standing in front of the car?

Old 04-02-2011, 06:31 PM
3 Year Member

missed a picture with a really good angle. I also wanted to talk about the axis of the pod and how much space it took up although i was willing to accept far more displacment, the displaced amount of space that ended up being taken ended up honestly not even being that much more than the the on axis placement i tried. I don't think i took any pictures of me trying it on axis, because i didn't plan on doing it, just was more curiouse. but really, seeing it in and from the driver seat not, the displacement is pretty minimal.

Originally Posted by Milhouse
Can you take a picture of the pods in place while standing in front of the car?
that's an odd request O_o you don't believe this is my car or what lol

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 04-02-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by walkingonabullet
that's an odd request O_o you don't believe this is my car or what lol
Why so defensive? And what's so odd about wanting to see how they look from the front of the car?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:15 PM
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Milhouse
Why so defensive? And what's so odd about wanting to see how they look from the front of the car?
ohhhh i thought i posted that picture, turns out it was to big to host i resized it here. sorry it's a bit of a close up, i didn't realise it when i took the picture.

i thought you were asking for me to take a picture of my self in front of the car

Old 04-02-2011, 09:58 PM

Holy super closeup batman!

What i'm trying to do is see if this is something I want to do, but I'd like to see what it looks like from the front of the car, without the super closeup, haha. So if you could make sure there's no zoom and then with the pod or pods in place, take a pic as if you were taking it of the rear view mirror.

No rush, whenever you get a chance.

Quick Reply: SQ build