Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

SQ build

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 03:42 PM

Cool thanks. Sometimes the only way to learn is to make the mistake. I don't think there's any planning or research you could have done to prevent this from happening. Even the most talented wrappers would have nightmares trying to wrap that pillar with no creases or seams.

Still not too late to flock them if the paint doesn't look right.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:16 PM
3 Year Member

yeah, the paint didn't come out to great, i mean it'll get me operational but i'm going to have a shop finish this i think so i can get it in vinyl like i really want. i mean i could probobly get it in some suede like you're talking "flcocking" lol but meh i'd prefer vinyl. i'm going to see what they quote me.

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 04-03-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by walkingonabullet
yeah, the paint didn't come out to great, i mean it'll get me operational but i'm going to have a shop finish this i think so i can get it in vinyl like i really want. i mean i could probobly get it in some suede like you're talking "flcocking" lol but meh i'd prefer vinyl. i'm going to see what they quote me.
Flocking is not a fabric and it surely isn't suede, LOL. Flocking is a process of applying fine particles to an adhesive coated surface. Think back to Kindergarten when the teacher would have you spell your name and then sprinkle glitter onto the glue......pretty much the same theory except the glitter is replaced with flock.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:31 PM
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Milhouse
Flocking is not a fabric and it surely isn't suede, LOL. Flocking is a process of applying fine particles to an adhesive coated surface. Think back to Kindergarten when the teacher would have you spell your name and then sprinkle glitter onto the glue......pretty much the same theory except the glitter is replaced with flock.
thats what i thought but you had the picture

Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by walkingonabullet
thats what i thought but you had the picture
Not too sure what that means, but not important. Hopefully the shop can get those things wrapped for you in vinyl since that's what you want. You might like how they sound but had you had to settle for paint you wouldn't have been 100% happy

Old 04-03-2011, 11:45 PM
3 Year Member

oh no, the pracical applications of these pods is 100% but i'll never be happy till they look stock lol, i really want to get a grill, i'm talking to scott from Hybrid to see if he has any updates on the grills, he was doing some research on mass producing some hybrid grills but idk if he found the demand needed for such a production line.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:38 PM
3 Year Member

progress!

i've come up with a solution, i've been informed of this method called "flocking" and i'll be doing a synthedic suede flocking, ive already ordered up the parts (for links you can PM me) I also cleaned up the ****ty paint attemp i made last weekend, and i'm in the middle of reaplying some patches with this glazing puddy i found in the bondo section works great for them small spot skim coats, and i even used a little to fill out some lows i missed but was to lazy to mix new batches of bondo for.

anyways, right now i'm on some dry time.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Its coming along..

Looks good.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:03 PM
3 Year Member

thanks, means allot to have positive feedback on my work I'm quite happy with the look. the performance lacks allot, but i'm considering stepping up tot he L4 Se's which playing 1k hz higher, and have a much smaller engine that should be able to play much better in these pods.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:18 AM

I don't know man, the enclosure seems awfully small. Most car audio drivers prefer to be in a more open, damn near IB enclosure. I just don't see how your drivers can shine in such a small, closed in space.

But I like that you took my "flocking" idea to heart and are gonna use it after all.

Quick Reply: SQ build