Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

SQ build

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 11:13 AM
3 Year Member

extreamly, i'm taking my car down to Baltimore in Maryland for a audio comp, idk if im entering yet but im def going down.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:55 AM
3 Year Member

...their were only 3 in my class, but hey its a learning experience. i'll post up the score sheet later, i left it in my car.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 AM
3 Year Member

Old 05-30-2011, 11:21 AM

Very nice!

Old 05-30-2011, 11:32 AM
3 Year Member

my total score was 73.5 with the 5 pnt deduction for noise. some of the other classses and cars were doing mid 80's to the mid 80's idk of anyone who did 90, but that just means I have room to improve

Old 05-30-2011, 11:47 AM

Exactly, this audio stuff is a never ending situation. competing or not it's always room for improvement which also may reduce your funds lol. Hate it or love it!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:48 PM
3 Year Member

got these from a local dealer over at diyma. got em really on the cheap, great deal.

these things are TINY. my hands are pretty big but still, these things could fit anywhere. and at 2 ohms they do like 260 rms per channel!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:51 PM
3 Year Member

update!!!!

well look like my tires are gonna run me rougly 460$ so its new tires or new mids :-s and i only have MAYBE another 2 months out of my tires. the side job i'm doing in 2 weeks is gonna cover the cost of the tires..don't know when i;ll have the cash for the mids. but we'll move on. i wont be doing the false floor for the next 2 weeks as i'm doing some comps, on the 17th in MD, and on the 24th in pottsville, pa.

just cleaned things up first thing this morning since im going to that show. apperently my amp came unmounted from the one corner as you can see in the picture took care of that, vacumed, cleaned up and emptry the of all my crap.

thats right! i use my trunk :p

first time this thing has been out in a longggggggg time. kind of a pain to lift a 130 lb box out of a trunk

you can see my amp came loose :X shh

and than this happens and yes, thats a carbide bit O_O only done maybe 30 cuts with it too, and that was the VERY first cut of the day and it broke 1\4 way around. took it to sears and demanded a replacment (craftsman) and got the manager to get me a new bit.

whoa, what an exausting day. i didnt mind working on my car when it was 40 out, but 90 degrees >_< ****s for the birds. I got everything all cleaned up, finished the baffles. i didn't do what i had planned, to much excesss with rings, so i just cut a hole into the baffle and mounted the speaker. worked fine on the driver side. passenger side...erm we had some clearence issues for some reason.

fixed that by picking up a 1\2" rabbit bit, still isn't big enough for the 3\4" flange on the L6's but it gave the edge more meat than the 1\4" rabbit bit i had. I simply cut the whole larger and rabbited it from their. its win win really, gives the cone more breathing air all around

driver side

origonal passenger side, blue was asking how i mounted them. this is how. you can see how i did it maybe half way through this thread?

the new pasenger side baffles, recessed.

this is what was hitting the cone

problem solved

once all that was done, i FINILY got around to making some speaker grills. still don't like em, but i like em better than how they were. feels strang, i had already gotten used to them being open. but poor SQ design on my part, as i'm tunneling the **** out of the mids now, but meh, i honestly don't hear the difference my self. probobly gonna pick up some black cloth and rewrap them, i thought the contrast would be nice, but meh. it's kind of bumming me out.

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 07-16-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

looks great man!

Old 07-24-2011, 10:15 PM
3 Year Member

dash peices on their way.

i took some time to draft up some changes that will be coming. i think ive decided on a few things after going to a few shows, hearing things and different setups and talking to many people. kick panels is what i'll be going with, i'll have to get an electronic parking brake in so i can get the kicks right.

changes to come soon

massive audio NX2's (two of them, i already have them sitting in my closet )

hybrid L4se's in kick panels

hybrid L1R2's in A pillar.

false floor to acamidate all the amps and processor.

second JBL GTI in rear deck in IB.

changes to come long term

Rocket Fosgate 3sixtry.3 will be added in place of the ms-8 as soon as it comes out and is proven fault free, or an H800, depending on if they work out the bugs.

i have the wood to do the false floor, the amps, the wood to do the box on the rear deck to mount the current GTI. I will be picking up the L4se's soon enough. i'll have to wait on the R2's though, those might take a bit of time, but thats and the GTI are the only upgrade i cant afford in the plan-able future. but we'll work it out might not even get the second GTI we'll see how the single works out.

i'll also be doing some seriouse sound deadening in the near future to finely tidey things up. been having many noise issues. hopefully i'll have something ready by september for the allentown PA state finals tripple point show. but really, i'm in it for the fun of it I'm not a very competitive person.

Quick Reply: SQ build