Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

SQ build

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:06 PM
3 Year Member

set backs I was hoping to get these completly primered, sanded and ready for flocking by the end of tonight but it might take untill a little bit tommorow morning, i work night shfit tommorow so i have the day to work on it, but this set back is gonna set me back, what happened was the bottom edge along one of the long sides didn't have as good of a grip as i thought it did, and the shaking from sanding shook a hole 10" section looose, so my first step towrds repair is gluing it with some eboxy back down to the plastic, so i have it held in place for the next stage, which will be fiberglassing the inside.

this of course means i will recainly have to reinforce the driver side as well it didn't shake loose but, it could during final install or from wear and tear, it also means i wont be able to cut off as much as i thought i would be able to, but i'll work it out.

anyways, driver side is pretty much done, i picked up some sandable primer today to help with the tiny lows, i didn't get the good stuff though, i got jipped, damn autozone didn't have the good stuff. but you make do with what you can get. I did a test spray on the top of the pillers, since they still need some more final sanding, i only did half of it.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 PM
3 Year Member

mmmm what i think will be the last bondo coat, before touch up

the driver sides been done for awhile, but that damn corner just doesn't wanna work with me, this is the 3rd time ive tried to get it, i should have it this time.

the passenger side is getting a small coat just to curve out some flats, and some lows, and than a final sanding, than touch up.

oh, i also cut out the backs now that they have structure, after i primer them, i'll quickly get a coat of fiberglass to structure it even more on the inside, i might do that tommorow, but i'm def gonna get this primer on tonight.

1 hour later :

finily got one of them primered! this is the 3rd coat, the 3rd coat only went on the parts with bondo as did the 2nd, the first i just covered everything just because fingerprints and bondo were everywhere and it looks prettier this way

their should be plenty of volume for these puppsy to brieth, i think i'm sitll under 1 litter, but i think it should be enough, they only wanted like .8 anyways if i remember, even if they didn't the polyfill should make up for the difference.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:11 PM
3 Year Member

I'm gonna start by saying, i'm very disappointed in how the tweeter's are gonna look the edges are very bad, everything else is beautiful, but the edges got torn asunder during the whole process, i should of really made these rings bigger

this morning, after i got home from working 3rd shift, i started to prep these asap.

the flocking area 8-)

one down!

the finish looks great, i mean i was a little light in some spots, as you can see, but i'm not to worried about it, that spot is by the window :P i don't see it.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:17 PM
3 Year Member

and now they are both coated.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow those look awesome man!

Old 05-25-2011, 07:14 PM
3 Year Member

I know i just hope once i shake off the excess in 48-72 hours they won't be ugly or have any lines or anything like that :-s

you can see the speaker grill prototype i'm working on, i still need to get the size right and work things out so it's a nice snug friction fit, but everything is looking good i'm gonna glue another ring on top to get them sitiing up higher, so that its a beveled edge, since a flat edge is just kinda lame if you ask me, needs some character :P

Old 05-27-2011, 01:58 AM
3 Year Member

I coudln't sleep, so i decided to install one side since their pretty much cured up enough to handle at this point.

this flocking stuff is amazing, even in the close up's with the flash, or even in full sunlight, imperfections are so well hidden. it looks simply amazing..i forget what color they used to be, but the black on the gray head liner feels wierd, so i think they were graysh werent they its been so long since ive seen them with out bondo and **** all over em i forget XD but it looks amazing. i'll get the drivers and the driver side installed when the sun is out, i just did this to pass the time, and get some glammer shots.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:35 AM

Fantastic!

Old 05-27-2011, 12:58 PM
3 Year Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HojGA4dHd78

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 05-27-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

sounds good it is all ways hard ot tell how good it really sounds unless you are there in person . are you happy with them ??

Quick Reply: SQ build