Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Should I buy a Wheelskins? :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
I know you stitch the thread in those spots but what I mean is they shouldn't put holes where you don't need to stitch it together. It could just be smooth. I understand why it's not but I'd rather it was.
Yea i'd rather it was smooth too. or at least to include red string for the red areas or whichever color combo one has. that way it flows a little better and doesnt look as cheezy :p

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
You could also add the red bow tie:
yea im still not sure about that one

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I like the look and feel and think it was a good investment. They aren't difficult to install. You just need to take your time making sure to keep it aligned properly and pulled tight as you move around the wheel. It takes about an hour to install.
looks good mike hmm i wonder how white and black would look?

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I love mine. Everyone that sees it loves it. My parents' made me buy them one, and my sister wanted one also. Jenna also wants one, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

They take me a while to put on... roughly 1.5 hours? But I'm a perfectionist with things like that.

You have the picture of mine already, it's also one of the stock photos on PFYC.com
i think it'd take me around 2 hours then lol

and yea i remember seeing your thread about it from June 2011, it looks great mike!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:56 AM

i dont like them personally... they just dont look right. and like you said frank they look cheesy! they look like a glorified steering wheel cover

Old 02-07-2012, 10:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

They also have the holes all over because the sizing is generic. Many MANY GM vehicles use the same size wheel, so they make that one size with holes all over, to fit on ANY vehicle.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Do you have pics of your steering wheel done?
No not yet. I'm dropping off my new shift **** for them to recover soon as I get it.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Boxman420
i dont like them personally... they just dont look right. and like you said frank they look cheesy! they look like a glorified steering wheel cover
lol i kinda like em just not the sewing :p

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
They also have the holes all over because the sizing is generic. Many MANY GM vehicles use the same size wheel, so they make that one size with holes all over, to fit on ANY vehicle.
true true

Originally Posted by 7801MonteMan
No not yet. I'm dropping off my new shift **** for them to recover soon as I get it.
well post pics when you have it done

Old 02-07-2012, 05:26 PM

I love the look of them, I also wanted one in black and red like Mikes but at the time I just couldnt bring myself to spend the money on one. I was about ready to buy one when I was at o Riellys n sad a black steering wheel cover with red stiching and grabed that for $10 instead. Its not as pretty but hey.