Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Racing/Bucket Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Default Racing/Bucket Seats

Ok so I found some racing seats on ebay that a black and red and im about to paint my interior so they would match perfect!
However they do not include mounting brackets and I cant find any online anywhere.

I saw a thread on here of someone who managed to make there own however there was no picture or anything of the 2 front seats or anything.

If anyone has put racing seats in there monte or has a good picture of a mounting bracket I could make at home or possible purchase it would help alot.

Any insight at all would be helpfull.

I have a 2000 Monte Carlo ss btw

Old 03-11-2011, 06:28 AM

I hope one of our member's see's your thread & can help. I could not find the post you were talking about....Also, do you have what type of seats on Ebay ? If so post them & it will help our member's with advise...

I did find the below that has a kit to install
Check them out - Good Luck

See details <~ Click 2 C & it shows mounting brackets

http://www.hyperautoparts.com/shop/h...FRUq2godRGPHBw

Last edited by Space; 03-11-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:51 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-x-U...Q5fAccessories

Those are the ones I was looking at, it says they come with the sliders but im not sure they would mount right, however the ones you linked look like they screw straight into the old seat mounts on the floor of the car.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:07 AM

Hi Jamal, that's a super price on your Ebay link..
Check back on your thread later 2 see if any of our member's have installed them...If yours comes with brackets, I'm sure that they can be made to work..."Where's there's a Will, there's a Way" Good Luck & thanks 4 your update & link.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:27 AM

I was thinking about just ordering them and going to home depot and getting a couple of steel brackets and a drill bit and drilling my own holes or whatever needs to be done.
If theres one thing ive learned from installing car audio its that anything can be done with a little home manufacturing lol.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by JShovinMonteC
I was thinking about just ordering them and going to home depot and getting a couple of steel brackets and a drill bit and drilling my own holes or whatever needs to be done.
If theres one thing ive learned from installing car audio its that anything can be done with a little home manufacturing lol.
While I do agree for the most part- seating is part of the car's built in safety system- and the seat mounts were engineered to keep the occupant in place in an accident, so it has a lot more importance than just mounting an amp or building a custom sub box.

Not saying that it can't be done, just that you do need to be extra careful in designing it to handle the potential loads which could be placed on it in accident.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:11 AM

Yea I agree 100% I would make sure and get thick enough brackets and bolts to where I would feel confident the seat isn't flying out the window if I happen to hit someone.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey alright doing the interior upgrade eh/ I have Sparco racing seats in my car. I took my factory 02 Monte Seats and removed the anchor parts of the seats. Attached them to the Sparco seat base (no mounting sliders etc.) then was able to install the seats right back into the factory body seat anchor points. The front legs slide into a slot and hook into the floor pan and the rear bolt down to the floor pan. I pass tech inspections at the track like this.... need to post some pictures for us....Good luck it's always a big investment with new seats, going to ride sweet no sliding all around when your rolling through a turn like a mad man. You going to get new harnesses to strap yourself in with??

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 05-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:21 AM

Damn zippy that looks really good. Yea I was probably gonna get the harness along with them. My factory leather is starting to fade and everytime I take a turn me or the passengers damn near slide to the other side of the car lol.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Shovin nice cause if you are all sliding then your my kind of driver. These Monte's just hug the corners so well, I have took some freeway ramps where I started seeing light spots in front of my eyes and the tires were just a screeching holding on for all they were worth. LOL, keep me posted any other questions let me know. Again I just used my OEM seat mounts attached to the Sparco seats and it's show time!! Are you a red and black Monte or why the red and black seat scheme? Nice touch to get the harnesses. Here is my car being used at a Autocross, the seats and harnesses did their job here too..

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 05-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.