Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): interior help

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default interior help

ok guys so instead of going for get the seats reupholsterd which would of cost 600 bucks i instead got lucky and found the seats i was looking for to match my interior. another member was interested in my tan seat covers for the 2 front seats, do anyone have any idea on hod do i remove the seat covers?

another thing is i wanted to repaint a fuse box cover and maybe put a jack skellington emblem on it like how some other members have (the one thats under the hood) but the metal plate like members have i do not know when to find, so if anyone have an extra one lying around please shoot me a pm and hopefully i can get one

Old 04-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I believe the seat skins are held in place with velcro on the seams, could be wrong. Also I believe the seat heaters are part of the leather cover and would need unplugged before ripping them apart to much. Could be wrong.

Slide the seats to the forward most position if electric do this now. Then dis-connect the battery. There are 2 bolts at the back (1 ea. side) of the seat tangs. Remove them, lift the seat up and unplug any wires for seat heaters and air bags. Next tilt the seat all the way forward and lift the seat up. There are no bolts holding down the front of the seat, the mounts are bayonet type that slip into slots in the floor board. So your lifitng the seat forward, picking it up and away, pulling the front seat mounts out of the slots. Then just kind of work them out of your car.

From here you can disassemble your lower seat from the back and remove the skins. Again, I think the heated seats system is embedded onto the back of the leather skin. So you will have to carefully disconnect the wires or maybe even cut wire as the connectors maybe crimped together.