Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Interior HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Default Interior HELP!!!

Okay guys Im enhancing my baby Ive had here for a year and done nothing to her at all except for regular maintaince. Im already discussing all other aspects of modifications and enhancements in the proper threads, and I really want to work on my interior (even thought Ill prob spend all my $ just on engine mods by the looks of things LOL[&o]) I want new carpet on the floors, and leather seats! Any suggestions as to where I can get cheap materials from?!!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Default RE: Interior HELP!!!

i hate it say it, and its like saying go to wal-mart for everything for your household needs... but, ebay will be very helpful for this.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:48 PM

actually that is a really cheap carpet there.
Go to J.C. whitney or something like it or even a serch on Googel and find a molded carpet that fits your car. you blow around 100.bucks BUT WELL WORTH IT!!
as far as the seats i would go to a bone yard and find the ones you want to put in to it.
EVEN if you find a set that you like but they are dirty you can get a hold of a locak upolstry shop and have them clean them for you also.

the other thing i would sugest if you can do it is to find a set that has the heaters in it and s also the power seat for the pass. side also.
I would love to find the pass side seat mounts with the power cabels etc... for mine so i could have the ehated power seats.

Also one more thing in the center councial is the switches for the heated switches you will need to get them to.
Im sure someone here has some and might be albel to ge tthem to take a photo of the switches for you so you know what to look for.

you might beabel to get them oout of a impalla or other cars that G.M. produced with this option. and then it will look factory when your done.
Also if you have plans to do a stereo in it later on now would be the perfect time to dyno/hush mat the car while everythign is out of it and you can do it all .

one more thing doing wory to much about the intereior pannels you can actually dye them to match the car and it might be cheaper then buying them, Jus thave to do some checking on that.
If ya want a nice painted dash i have one that is ready to go all ya need to do is shoot the color of your choice on it.
Ill trade ya for a set of HVAC controlls with the dual temp. controlls on it.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

actually that is a really cheap carpet there.
Go to J.C. whitney or something like it or even a serch on Googel and find a molded carpet that fits your car. you blow around 100.bucks BUT WELL WORTH IT!!
as far as the seats i would go to a bone yard and find the ones you want to put in to it.
EVEN if you find a set that you like but they are dirty you can get a hold of a locak upolstry shop and have them clean them for you also.

the other thing i would sugest if you can do it is to find a set that has the heaters in it and s also the power seat for the pass. side also.
I would love to find the pass side seat mounts with the power cabels etc... for mine so i could have the ehated power seats.

Also one more thing in the center councial is the switches for the heated switches you will need to get them to.
Im sure someone here has some and might be albel to ge tthem to take a photo of the switches for you so you know what to look for.

you might beabel to get them oout of a impalla or other cars that G.M. produced with this option. and then it will look factory when your done.
Also if you have plans to do a stereo in it later on now would be the perfect time to dyno/hush mat the car while everythign is out of it and you can do it all .

one more thing doing wory to much about the intereior pannels you can actually dye them to match the car and it might be cheaper then buying them, Jus thave to do some checking on that.
If ya want a nice painted dash i have one that is ready to go all ya need to do is shoot the color of your choice on it.
Ill trade ya for a set of HVAC controlls with the dual temp. controlls on it.
Wow thanks for the info. Heated seats, yeah that would be nice, never thought of that... What are the models of all Gm cars that have compatible seats for the 00 ss? Interior panel dye?!?!? Wow You must tell me more!!!! Or what is a way I can Paint all my Console pieces for my color of choice? I might need to repost that question....