Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

installing an Auxillary port?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Project Monte 04
I used a USA Spec gm Pa-11 for my 04 Monte. It was very simple to install, and it allows you to connect ipod and aux input. Got it on ebay for like 50 bucks about a year ago, well worth it
Checked that out - looked pretty awesome. What kind of head unit are you using it with presently? Right now I have the AM/FM/Tape/CD unit. It looks like this unit tells the radio a changer is connected, is that the case?

And the most important question - where do you put this unit when it is plugged into the car?

Old 07-10-2011, 03:22 AM

I have the stock AM/FM/CD headunit. Yea it tells the radio a changer is connected. I have the unit stashes in a hole kinda below the headunit, i can see it and access it from the passenger side footwell, i then ran the ipod cable into the center counsel, made a small hole in the plastic piece where the head seat controls would be located and have my ipod sitting in the slot along side the shifter. I can take some pics if ur interested. Sorry i just kinda rambled about it...

Old 07-13-2011, 10:08 PM

Don't know how much pics would help - kinda concerned about its interface with my radio since I have the full headunit (AM/FM/CD/Tape). Do you remember any stipulations in the instructions about that? Tried looking at the current manual online but there seems to be a dearth of information surrounding what radios it works with.

Originally Posted by Project Monte 04
I have the stock AM/FM/CD headunit. Yea it tells the radio a changer is connected. I have the unit stashes in a hole kinda below the headunit, i can see it and access it from the passenger side footwell, i then ran the ipod cable into the center counsel, made a small hole in the plastic piece where the head seat controls would be located and have my ipod sitting in the slot along side the shifter. I can take some pics if ur interested. Sorry i just kinda rambled about it...