Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Auxillary Jack/Ipod Hookup- Sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Default Auxillary Jack/Ipod Hookup- Sucks?

I love my 06 Monte, but I am beginning to think that the stereo kinda sucks. Does anyone else have problems with non- Ipod MP3 players in their car? I have a Samsung T10 MP3 player, which is widely thought to be superior to the Ipod. However, it is really quiet when plugged into the auxillary jack. I have to turn it way up and it is still not quite CD quality. Ipod works a little bit better, but I am confused because they have approximately the same output power; Actually the Samsung is 4 MOhms's more powerful. You cant get the Samsung more than 2/3's of the way up without losing hearing with headphones!The Output for the Ipod Nano is 16 MOhms and the Samsung is 20 Mohms. What the hell is going on? Sadly, I wonder if it would sound better through an FM transmitter?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Default RE: Auxillary Jack/Ipod Hookup- Sucks?

That is weird. One of my friends has a samsung (dont know which model) and a 06 monte and his sounds great through the aux jack. Maybe it is your jack. It should be just as loud if not louder than the cd player with the mp3 set at half volume (or atleast thats how his is). The only thing you could do would be to test another mp3 on your jack or take it to the dealer if it is still under warranty.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:11 PM

Both of my iPods seemed to be quite when plugged directly to the headunit. What I finally got around to doing was use my charger. I have a car charger for iPods that plugs into the dock connection on the iPod, and they right where the charger plugs in there is a headphone jack with volume control right there. Using that volume control makes my iPod louder than any CD with the same quality, unfortunately I don't see how that could help you much with a Samsung.

Edit: Here's an image...

Old 01-08-2008, 06:50 AM

Hi John, I have an 06 MC SS also and my Ipod Nano works fine plugging it into the Aux jack. At first I didn't think it worked, but then figured out that you have to turn the sound all the way up on the Ipod first. Seems like CD quality to me now. But I do agree that the stereo kind of sucks. Do you have the upgraded8 speaker system option? We got that, but we still can't figure out where all8 of them are (I know they say 2 are in the door). Do you (or anyone else)know? The 06 Impalas supposedly got the Infinity speakers from the factory, but the MC's didn't. My Dad got an 08 Impala SS and his factory stereo with the Infinity speakers sound way better thanmine (I'm jealous). We did put an Infinity sub in the trunk and that helps. Good luck!
Kim

Old 01-08-2008, 11:10 PM

That's what you get for not getting an Ipod.

Ok, enough heckeling.

Mine didn't come with auxilary (04)so I got an Alpine W200 deck and it kicks azz!!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 02:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: KWJW

Hi John, I have an 06 MC SS also and my Ipod Nano works fine plugging it into the Aux jack. At first I didn't think it worked, but then figured out that you have to turn the sound all the way up on the Ipod first. Seems like CD quality to me now. But I do agree that the stereo kind of sucks. Do you have the upgraded8 speaker system option? We got that, but we still can't figure out where all8 of them are (I know they say 2 are in the door). Do you (or anyone else)know? The 06 Impalas supposedly got the Infinity speakers from the factory, but the MC's didn't. My Dad got an 08 Impala SS and his factory stereo with the Infinity speakers sound way better thanmine (I'm jealous). We did put an Infinity sub in the trunk and that helps. Good luck!
Kim

The upgraded 8-speakers system in Montes Suck!

I'd like to tear out the 200 watt amp and find the 600 watt amp that is offered as an option.

I've rented HHR LS's that blow my system away.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:19 AM

8 speakers, really mean the 2 in the doors and 2 in the back, with smallspeakers right next toeach real speakers, giving you 8.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:48 AM

I would say one of two things... One, your jacks are going already... or, your cord is going bad. can you try the cord in a different car?

Old 03-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Question Aux-in?!?!??!?!?

Originally Posted by 04 Intimidator
Mine didn't come with auxilary (04)so I got an Alpine W200 deck and it kicks azz!!!!
THAT'S what i was looking for! i kept finding sketchy info on the web about an aux-in on all XM/OnStar-equipped Monte Carlos but couldn't find the jack. i was wondering whether one could use the RCA connectors on the back of the headunit (the ones meant for a CD changer)?

if so, what would be the easiest way to go about that? i have all the cables necessary (occupational hazzard, being a radio DJ and all)...

Old 03-10-2009, 07:06 PM

in the montes there are a tweeter and a woofer in the doors. that is 4. then in the rear there is the deck which i beleive has a woofer with a built in tweeter. i changed out the speakers in the doors and ended up with alot better quality. i used boston acoustics woofers with infinity tweeters. which i ended up blowing the right door tweeter the other day if its of any interest to you there are two philips screws one up top and one in the handle. then two torx screws underneith the handle at an angle. i think they are t-35s. then you take the door handle plastic out and pull the bottom out. it will sound like stuff breaking but its not. then lift the door panel up(not out) then there are plugs in the hanle that need removing. id use a little flat head screw driver to help push the clip up on them.

Quick Reply: Auxillary Jack/Ipod Hookup- Sucks?