Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

If you have a 6th gen w/Monsoon system

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Default RE: If you have a 6th gen w/Monsoon system

ORIGINAL: mickey

MAN I GOT IT IN FINALLY TODAY!!!!

Sounds so nice to have a stereo again LOL

Also re reading what you posted i had a factory amp but it was from Jensen LOL Wonder how many there are out ther for if they change between 03-04?

the only thing that bugs me is the RCA cabels having the remote molded in to them Wont this cause the whining sound int he radio?
I havent heard it to much yet but then i havent tried to creat it ethier. I did buy a good kit for runnign all of this so i would hope the wires are sheilded good enough.
coo! I can't wait to get my stereo, I'm debating on getting a JDM Alpine Double Din unit, it's so damn sweet, either that or the Sony Double Din JDM piece which is actually a bit less, yet still has md and cd playback which is huge for me. But if I can't remove the face of the Double Din, it ain't happening. I'll just have to get a deck w/aux input so I can run my mp3 player and md player.

So what stereo did you end up getting? You had a factory Jensen amp huh? You have an SS? Is your factory head unit cd/tape or cd only? That's interesting. How did your stock system sound, as far as bass response goes?

I think those RCA's w/built in remote lead should be fine, so long as they are quality wires like Fosgate, Stinger, StreetWires, Phoenix Gold, Monster Cable, etc.

Old 08-20-2005, 03:54 PM

rigfht now i have the stock head unit in there still Wiating for my kit to show up now so i can change it out but i have a premier deh ???? pioners elet brand is all it is they are "better made "

The cabel kit i have is monster wires or street wires they only had one of them in stock so i had to take it I was actually looking for the street wires set up . But i think it is the monster now i think of it.

Any way yeah they seem to be good for now. With the factory system this thing is rocking and thumping HARD!!!!! hard enough sitting out side it is ratteling the plate ont he car next to it LOL Noit bad for tow small 10" subs LOL

rioght now the factory unit is just the cd/am/fm so im not sure what the deal is on that. but it was thier idea of a "rpremium sound system" so that might have a diffence not sure on that one. But said made by jensen ele. on the sitcker for it .
Cant wait till i gett better controll oover them with abetter h/u

Old 08-21-2005, 03:28 AM

rigfht now i have the stock head unit in there still Wiating for my kit to show up now so i can change it out but i have a premier deh ???? pioners elet brand is all it is they are "better made "

The cabel kit i have is monster wires or street wires they only had one of them in stock so i had to take it I was actually looking for the street wires set up . But i think it is the monster now i think of it.

Any way yeah they seem to be good for now. With the factory system this thing is rocking and thumping HARD!!!!! hard enough sitting out side it is ratteling the plate ont he car next to it LOL Noit bad for tow small 10" subs LOL

rioght now the factory unit is just the cd/am/fm so im not sure what the deal is on that. but it was thier idea of a "rpremium sound system" so that might have a diffence not sure on that one. But said made by jensen ele. on the sitcker for it .
Cant wait till i gett better controll oover them with abetter h/u
Are you getting that flush mount kit for the head unit? Yeah, Premier is a line of Pioneer products, i'm familiar with them. Good pick on the amp kit, Monster Cable is good stuff, a little overpriced if you ask me, but still good. I can't wait to get my subs in, actually, I can't wait to replace my head unit so I can get some decent power going to my interior speakers, I may not want/need to hook up my subs then.

Old 08-21-2005, 07:44 AM

yeah i think it all is over priced LOL

As far as the kit gose im still debating that one i might get it if the person comes threw on my paint ball gun. I had two and sold one (hopefully) if that happens that is a extra 1000.00 found money LOL so the car might get a face lift ont he dash kit then. My issue is all my dash lights are goign to puprel to match the speed hut guages i have at night so if i get it is will be a big read bill bord in the dash. But i really like it. I will let you know before i order it if i do so if you want to go in with me on it we might beabel to get a better pricve for ordering more then one.

I like the pioneer stuff seems to be pretty good and have good sound and power . but i like the fact it is small and not the dubbel din. I would like to get that flush mount kit and add a cubby under it so i have a plase to put things i dont want lost while driving. IE Smokes,lighter etc..

But the cabels were not to bad they were like i said like 40.00 Euro over here that is not to bad but int he states it would have been like 50.in Us.$ so i guess it was pricey but if the quality is there im not goign to have to replace it all for some thing stupid . Im happy

Old 08-21-2005, 08:06 AM

yeah i think it all is over priced LOL

As far as the kit gose im still debating that one i might get it if the person comes threw on my paint ball gun. I had two and sold one (hopefully) if that happens that is a extra 1000.00 found money LOL so the car might get a face lift ont he dash kit then. My issue is all my dash lights are goign to puprel to match the speed hut guages i have at night so if i get it is will be a big read bill bord in the dash. But i really like it. I will let you know before i order it if i do so if you want to go in with me on it we might beabel to get a better pricve for ordering more then one.

I like the pioneer stuff seems to be pretty good and have good sound and power . but i like the fact it is small and not the dubbel din. I would like to get that flush mount kit and add a cubby under it so i have a plase to put things i dont want lost while driving. IE Smokes,lighter etc..

But the cabels were not to bad they were like i said like 40.00 Euro over here that is not to bad but int he states it would have been like 50.in Us.$ so i guess it was pricey but if the quality is there im not goign to have to replace it all for some thing stupid . Im happy
I found a Stinger amp kit the other day at WalMart for like $26, I almost bought it and I wasn't even planning on hooking up an amp at the time, LOL.

Shoot those guys an email to see if you can get purple LED's, they don't have to be red. I know they have a few colors to choose from, I don't remember purple being one of them though, but it doesn't hurt to ask. They seem like they go out of thier way to make sure the customer is happy w/the product so I can't imagine getting purple LED's being an issue. In order to have the cubby thingy w/the flush mount kit, you'd have to do some fabricating. Are you sure you want to do that with such an expensive kit?

I've never owned a Pioneer head unit, but they are pretty sweet.

Old 08-21-2005, 08:14 AM

i will have to see what they say might beabel to get them to cut the cubby for me LOL

As far as the lights go that is not to hard just have to take it apart and resoder things but if they would do it it would be great.

As far as modding the kit , WELL, that is why im still debating on gettign it. I bought a cheap kit for right now it has the cubby in it so i will see what it looks like when it gets here if the cubby is somethign i take out of this kit i might do it and see if i can add it in to thiers but see with the lights there i think they take up that space where this one has the cubby instead.

But i really do like the lighted kit. MAN this bites i guess i will have to flip a coin on this one LOL

Old 08-21-2005, 08:18 AM

i will have to see what they say might beabel to get them to cut the cubby for me LOL

As far as the lights go that is not to hard just have to take it apart and resoder things but if they would do it it would be great.

As far as modding the kit , WELL, that is why im still debating on gettign it. I bought a cheap kit for right now it has the cubby in it so i will see what it looks like when it gets here if the cubby is somethign i take out of this kit i might do it and see if i can add it in to thiers but see with the lights there i think they take up that space where this one has the cubby instead.

But i really do like the lighted kit. MAN this bites i guess i will have to flip a coin on this one LOL

if you're gonna do the cubby, no need for the LED's cause that's where the cubby will be. I say stop being a pansy and use the cubby on the headliner, unless of course you have onstar. But even still, I say flush mount kit w/LED's > cubby hole

Old 08-21-2005, 06:39 PM

yeah i hear ya LOL but i dont care for the one on the roof line I have that dic there and the sunroof controlls there,. would rather just leave well enough alone on tha tone. But i will figgure somethign out for that. as far as the face plate i wrote to them so waiting for a reply now If they can make it look like the rest of the dsh im there but then it is the choice blk or polished? I can make a over lay for my HVAC controlls with the polished steel to match the radio (if i tried hard for it)
just not sure yet LOL