Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

hu mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 03:55 AM
Default hu mount

ok i need help, now i got one of the hu mounts for the monte from hu mounts that i found on here, now has anyone here had trouble installing cause the deck i have will not fit first it wont slide in the slot so i had to remove the cage and unscrew the face seems like it will work but now my deck seems to long do i have to cut out the back wall in the dash seems to much, now i also need help cause the harness i got calls for a switch ignition source from the fuse block???? yeah i spent tooo long and to much money to give up now someone please help

Old 02-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Default RE: hu mount

messure how long your new deck is. then mesure from where your hu. mount gose in to the dash aback to the back wall. figure out where the head unit should sit when in the mount. and messure it from there to teh wall. it might be that you will have to cut it . Other option is ask a stereo instal place weather on the web or in the phone book they should know .

As far as switch power that is pretty easy.
take a test light and ground the clip. Open your fuse pannel on the drivers side of the car. and test all of the fuses EXCEPT THE ONE FOR TEH AIR BAGAS LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
look on the fuse cover to find it.

then when you chose a fuse that is where you want it at turn off the switch and see if the test light gose out also. If it dose turn the switch back on to check it to make sure it comes on if it dose you have found your source for switch power.

Now you can get a add a fuse deal from any aouto parts store orth somethign get one and add the circut in to your fuse bay for the new accesorry you have now got switch power.

Ohere option is to fnd one that is switch powerd and find one that is hooked in to something not to speacial to the car to keep it runnign IE dome light.
Then you can tie in to the back of the fuse pannel with it and soldier it in there and keep the wires out of the fuse panel to look a bit nicer.