Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.
View Poll Results: Do you want a write up?
Yes!
50.00%
No.
0%
Whats a parallel circuit? (interested)
50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

How to wire a parralel quick connect circuit write up poll

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member
Default How to wire a parralel quick connect circuit write up poll

Hey all, I'm currently working on creating a professional grade quick disconnect system to wire 1 or more devices to switches embedded in your center console off of a 12VDC grounded and safed parallel circuit. I know how difficult electronics seem to alot of people (and how they did to me before I really learned about them) And if you buy devices for your car its tempting to just plug it into the battery and run it straight wire. This can be very unsafe and not to mention silly looking if you want to run several devices (say three lighting systems, a couple subs and an electric exhaust cutout on the same car). I was wondering if anyone was interested in a write up to show you how to do this safely, cost effectively, and best of all NO SOLDERING. (dont get me wrong i love it, but its not for ametures in a car with many flammable things) and hopefully you can learn a little about electronics along the way. I just want to know i people are interested so i can start taking pics before i get in the groove and bust the whole thing out. If anyone seems interested ill definitely do the write up.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't mind seeing how you do it, or how others do it to compared to how I wire up switches in my car.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:10 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
I wouldn't mind seeing how you do it, or how others do it to compared to how I wire up switches in my car.
Well than Crazyzach ill do it just for you! Maybe someone in the future will find it useful. The switches arrive on the 23rd (amazon slow shipping)

Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
Run a (fused) large gauge feed line from the battery into the passenger compartment to a power distribution block. Run (fused) individual circuits to each device from there. Problem solved.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Run a (fused) large gauge feed line from the battery into the passenger compartment to a power distribution block. Run (fused) individual circuits to each device from there. Problem solved.

I agree with 03SSLE.... run the correct gauge power feed to a fuse block.

Last edited by KCFITZ78; 10-18-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:52 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78

I agree with 03SSLE.... run the correct gauge power feed to a fuse block.
The point was to avoid soldering and difficult connections. And also make the whole thing quick disconectable. Gotta fuse the line right off the bat.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:01 AM

No soldering is required with that type of fuse block.... just crimp connectors onto the wires and insert into back of fuse block.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:35 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78
No soldering is required with that type of fuse block.... just crimp connectors onto the wires and insert into back of fuse block.
I looked at a fuse block couldn't find one like that. I'm going to use some pretty basic stuff you can find in automotive stores. Does it let one input be split into multiple outputs? That's my main goal.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Does it let one input be split into multiple outputs? That's my main goal.
Yes, that is the purpose of a distribution block/ fuse panel. It is fed by a (fused) large gauge wire from the battery. From there you can create several individual (fused) circuits.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:38 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE

Yes, that is the purpose of a distribution block/ fuse panel. It is fed by a (fused) large gauge wire from the battery. From there you can create several individual (fused) circuits.
Iv only seen that kind of fuse block thats a lot more intricate. Couldnt find a simple one like that. Used ring splices and screws to make my splitter (haha mechanic) might incorperate one of thoes later If I can find it. Basically making my own non solid one with spade splices.

Quick Reply: How to wire a parralel quick connect circuit write up poll