Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

How to bypass 2004 monte carlo factory amp

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just sold my stock amp for 30$ if your wondering how much its worth about

Old 01-20-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
I just sold my stock amp for 30$ if your wondering how much its worth about
nobody likes a thread pooper perhaps mine is special!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:48 PM

Guys im stuck. How do i get the wires to the trunk? It looks like i need to remove those peices of trim in the back seats around the rear side windows. How do i get those trims off? And do i need to remove the backseat too?

Old 01-21-2011, 06:36 PM

center console is easier, but if you wanna run it down the corner pannels, the one next to the front seats pop right off, and once you remove the back seat, only 10" of the corner is covered by that panel, you can easily pull it around the corner by lifting that corner, come on man it's not hard to figure this stuff out.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by rmase182ls
Guys im stuck. How do i get the wires to the trunk? It looks like i need to remove those peices of trim in the back seats around the rear side windows. How do i get those trims off? And do i need to remove the backseat too?
Don't bother taking off the whole trim panel, too much work when all you gotta do is shove the wire up underneath it. As for getting the wire into the trunk, man it's been so long since I did mine I don't recall exactly but i'm sure somebody here could help. Matter of fact, check SQMonte's sticky thread, he's got tons of pictures in there, i'm sure you'll see something that help you figure it out.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:57 PM

ok thanks guys ill do that and sorry walking bullet im only a 16 year old just getting started with all this and i just want to do it the right way because im unsure. The only help i have is my dad and hes only good at wiring things because hes an I.T something or other

Old 01-25-2011, 01:51 AM

ALRIGHT guys, im new here.. i have a 2004 monte carlo ss. first and only owner. I have never had a problem out of my car until now! I think she's mad ive been gone for 6 months and haven't driven her. when i got home the dash warped up on the passenger side enough its hard to drive and not stare at it, the volume button's paint has totally come off,extra bummer of the day, my GF went to turn on the heated seat for the passenger the switch BROKE in half.. yes it just poof crack right in half.. and the wonderful factory amp decided i dont need to listen to slipknot full blast anymore, so it restricted me to just tweeter like sound out the driver side speakers! checking junk yards tommrow for a new amp and buttons. Im thinking about ripping the whole system out and putting in something after market, if i did this do i still need the amp pack in the back or can i just cut the wires for the speakers and just butt splice them together to continue the circuit?

Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 AM

you can splice them. but why take out the amp? a decks easy, 8 speaker wires, (4 pairs) maybe 6 pairs idk if the deck does the output for the tweets of the amp does i forget. either way those 8 or 10 wires, plus a remote (blue) hot (red) ground (black) 12v constant (yellow), i believe that's it. 14 or 12 wire might sound daunting but when you consider that 98% of decks use the same color scheme, and the ones that dont are so close you can still match them. but the problem is you need to put in a chime unit espeicly with your ss, you'll a chime unit that also bypasses your onstar. look on cruchfiled for all this info. find the serial, than google it and find the best price

Old 01-25-2011, 02:49 AM

i thought my monte only had 4 speakers 2 in the rear 2 in the front.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:34 AM
Thumbs down

also for the time being im scouring the junk yards for an amp, i have found out that my o4 can use one from a 02,03,04,05.. does anyone with more knowledge of this than me agree that its the amp being that im not getting any correct sound out of the driver side means the amp is bad? perfect sound out of the passenger side.. driver side comes out like pure treble. No base or mid, ive checked my wires. I disconnected the wire harness from the amp, disconnected them from the speakers, ohmed them out to each other and each one to ground and no beep noise out of my volt meter. double check both speakers and they are pushing like they should. so i say its the amp

Quick Reply: How to bypass 2004 monte carlo factory amp