Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

homelink

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default homelink

has ne1 had ne problems with their homelink(programmable garage door)? i cant get it to work for me despite followin all the instructions in my manual...i even tried the canadian directions depsite not livin in canada...ne ideas?

Old 12-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Default RE: homelink

I never could get mine to work. I even had my wife try it. We reset it and did everything in the book.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:00 PM

yah i cant seem to get mine to work either...i even made sure that we dont have the rolling code as they describe...but oh well ill call them to c what they say

Old 12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I can't get mine to work with the opener in the new house - a cheap Wayne Dalton. At my 2 previous residenses (which had Lift Masters) I had no problem programing homelink. So it might be a brand thing. This spring I will be replaceing the cheap WD for a Lift Master.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:52 AM

[align=center]`Jeremy, I don't know `if the below will help you or not, but[/align][align=center]nothing ventured, nothing gained : )[/align][align=center]Good Luck..[/align]

[hr]
[:-]
[align=center]Programming HomeLink Garage Opener for Rolling CODES[/align][align=center][:-]

[/align][/align][align=center]
1. Press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons until the indicator light begins to flash (after 20 seconds). Do not hold for longer than 30 seconds. Do not repeat this step to program additional HomeLink buttons.
2. Place the hand-held remote 1-3 inches from the HomeLink button you want to program.
3. Simultaneously, press and hold both the HomeLink and hand-held remote buttons. Do not release either button until step 4 has been completed. (If you reside in Canada, refer to the “NOTE†below.)
4. When the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a rapid flash, release both buttons.
5. At the garage door opener receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate theâ€learn†or “smart†button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached).
6. Press and release this “learn†or “smart†button. (The name of these buttons vary by manufacturer.) There are 30 seconds in which to initiate step 7.
7. Firmly press, hold for two seconds, and release the programmed HomeLink button. Do this procedure again and, depending on the make of your garage door opener, do this procedure a third time to complete the procedure.
The garage should now activate when the programmed HomeLink button is firmly pressed and released.
Troubleshooting Tips:
** Check the frequency of the garage door opener’s hand-held remote (usually found on the back). HomeLink is compatible with radio-frequency devices operating between 288-399 Mhz.
** Put a brand new, store bought battery in the hand held remote. During the programming process (step three above) the battery’s energy tends to drain (more so with an older battery). A new battery will increase the speed and accuracy in which the hand-held remote sends its signal to HomeLink.
** Retrain HomeLink holding the hand-held remote at different lengths and angles from the HomeLink button you are trying to program (during programming step three). Try 4-6 inches away at a different angle.
** Confirm that the HomeLink button you are trying to program is in the “programming modeâ€. Press and hold the desired button. The indicator light will be a slow blink when HomeLink is in the “programming†mode and can be programmed at any time.
Verifying HomeLink has picked up a rolling code signal:
** Press and hold the programmed HomeLink button. If the indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds and turns solid, HomeLink has successfully picked up the rolling code signal. If necessary, proceed with steps 5-7 noted above to complete the rolling code programming. [/align]

Old 12-10-2007, 01:50 PM

thanx space...i have tried the steps but ill have to check the frequency of my garage door opener, hopefully it works otherwise i have to get out every time and altho not hard just cold

Old 12-10-2007, 09:11 PM

My works fine, it might be the brand. I personally don't have a garage for my baby.

But i programed my in laws garage and shop it it works, and i just followed the directions like you said you did. so i tend to lean with the brand of lift.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 AM

yah maybe it is...kinda wished it would work tho but oh well...i can get a lil cold