Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): HID Lookalike Bulbs for High Beams

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:19 PM

Those would lol, I gotta agree, but idk, my 7th is black so..Thats alotta black ! lmao. black head lights and tail lights. Sheesh >.<;

Old 10-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska
Those would lol, I gotta agree, but idk, my 7th is black so..Thats alotta black ! lmao. black head lights and tail lights. Sheesh >.<;
Well if your going for all black you could go for a knight rider theme! http://store.ijdmtoy.com/RGB-7-Color...scanner_6d.htm

Haha but ok I'm done showing off the things iv found.

In all seriousness though the all black would look awesome.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've decided that I'm going to put yellow HIDs in my fogs. I'm not sure if I want to tint the fogs yellow though so they look yellow all the time. #JDM

Old 10-23-2013, 01:57 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
I've decided that I'm going to put yellow HIDs in my fogs. I'm not sure if I want to tint the fogs yellow though so they look yellow all the time. #JDM
Glad we could help you decide. Cant wait to see it!

Old 10-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

A good Blue /White, like Day light, is all I need!

Old 10-23-2013, 01:59 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
A good Blue /White, like Day light, is all I need!
I like purple!

Old 10-23-2013, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
I like purple!

Do you know any good kits on amazon or something for HIDS? And if im understanding, getting hids, I cant run day times right? UGH sucks. -_____-; But if I get halogen bulbs, it can run day times, just not as bright at night as hids?

Old 10-23-2013, 02:08 PM
1 Year Member

Do you know any good kits on amazon or something for HIDS? And if im understanding, getting hids, I cant run day times right? UGH sucks. -_____-; But if I get halogen bulbs, it can run day times, just not as bright at night as hids?
You just can't put HIDs in your highs if your running drl's. Lows and fogs are fine! it just has to do with the drls using the high bulbs. I'm pretty sure our lights are similiar in that. Google DDM tuning. They are the cheapest and best I've seen. In your case I HIGHLY suggest getting projectors.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
You just can't put HIDs in your highs if your running drl's. Lows and fogs are fine! it just has to do with the drls using the high bulbs. I'm pretty sure our lights are similiar in that. Google DDM tuning. They are the cheapest and best I've seen. In your case I HIGHLY suggest getting projectors.

I see what your saying because the Drls run during the daytime with the high beam bulbs instead of using the low beam. Would it be esn just to use low beam hids, and then when drls switch to nighttime lights, the lows auto turn on with the hids? And ill have to look into projectors...Those things are expenssiveeeeee !

Old 10-23-2013, 02:34 PM
1 Year Member

I see what your saying because the Drls run during the daytime with the high beam bulbs instead of using the low beam. Would it be esn just to use low beam hids, and then when drls switch to nighttime lights, the lows auto turn on with the hids? And ill have to look into projectors...Those things are expenssiveeeeee !
Expensive but worth it. Ok let me explain how the auto circuit works the best I can. When you turn your car on and release the parking brake the lights will turn on. If the light sensor detects a high enough level of light then the drls (highbeams on low voltage) will turn on. if it detects a lower level of light it will turn on the low beams. If at any time you pull your turn signal lever and close the switch it will turn off the lows or drls and activate the high voltage highbeams. Drls are the daytime running lights and are only on during the day. Your low beams are what you use at night.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): HID Lookalike Bulbs for High Beams