Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

HELP wife's radio please :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default HELP wife's radio please :)

Well you know what they say! happy WIFE happy LIFE! Well we went out to dinner last night and my wife tells me her radio is doing some strange things . Well this isn't good for me at all. So I turn it on & its changing stations all be its self. plus its going in & out then it changes to another station again WTF ? OVER. Has anyone had or heard of this problem before ? PLEASE HELP ME . The Monte radio & her's look just the same form the outside anyways. I won't hear the end of this till its fixed. She drives 17 miles to work. I really don't did to hear about this everyday! AGAIN.....................Please help me Thanks Rick.....................................P.S. Stumpmi. We don't have Mickey Shore out here ....

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 10-12-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:11 AM

Hi `Rick, where did you go to dinner ? What did you order ?
Was it good ? I hope you left a good tip (LOL)...

What year/model Chevy ? Does it have CD changer ? How old is the car/radio ? Sounds like a short in the system or bad antenna connection ? I really don't know how to help with the infor you posted...Problems to older radio's can be just dust/moisture or wires get old & short ?

I hope a member can help more than I, but this is not my forte, but I do like to go to restaurants and get waited on & have good food. Good Luck & I hope a expert radio member tech can help..
Peace/Out

Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Well you know what they say! happy WIFE happy LIFE! Well we went out to dinner last night and my wife tells me her radio is doing some strange things . Well this isn't good for me at all. So I turn it on & its changing stations all be its self. plus its going in & out then it changes to another station again WTF ? OVER. Has anyone had or heard of this problem before ? PLEASE HELP ME . The Monte radio & her's look just the same form the outside anyways. I won't hear the end of this till its fixed. She drives 17 miles to work. I really don't did to hear about this everyday! AGAIN.....................Please help me Thanks Rick.....................................P.S. Stumpmi. We don't have Mickey Shore out here ....

Maybe Rick:
The carpet is binding the "wonder" bar foot control ?????
I had an ole buick that had the same problem!
I just removed crap that was wrapped around it...and cleaned and vacuumed it and Walla! Problem solved...

Just a guess..since we have no idea what shs driveing these days....

Last edited by STUMPMI; 10-12-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:31 AM

1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Rick, where did you go to dinner ? What did you order ?
Was it good ? I hope you left a good tip (LOL)...

What year/model Chevy ? Does it have CD changer ? How old is the car/radio ? Sounds like a short in the system or bad antenna connection ? I really don't know how to help with the infor you posted...Problems to older radio's can be just dust/moisture or wires get old & short ?

I hope a member can help more than I, but this is not my forte, but I do like to go to restaurants and get waited on & have good food. Good Luck & I hope a expert radio member tech can help..
Peace/Out
its a stock 07 radio with a single cd player

Old 10-12-2012, 11:33 AM

1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Maybe Rick:
The carpet is binding the "wonder" bar foot control ?????
I had an ole buick that had the same problem!
I just removed crap that was wrapped around it...and cleaned and vacuumed it and Walla! Problem solved...

Just a guess..since we have no idea what shs driveing these days....
What the Hell is a wonder bar ? Dave... She drives a 2007 Cobalt with a stock radio and single cd player. Dave I don't think Mickey Shores is a National chain store. I think their just in Mi

Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
What the Hell is a wonder bar ? Dave... She drives a 2007 Cobalt with a stock radio and single cd player. Dave I don't think Mickey Shores is a National chain store. I think their just in Mi
i DIDNT think there were mickey shores in your state rick....( I googled it)
Just a possibility..maybe theres a bad ground?...(My monte did that once) but i found the faulty ground...mistakenly by actually jiggleing the wires!
Maybe theres a voltage issue? battery, alternator?..... I know your through...BUT, check all batt connections...maybe its a faulty fuse?...
sometimes also the circuit board will get cracks in the radio its self...
My buds 2008 had that problem....doing the same as your mrs is.........
You dont know what a wonder bar is? Its like a search button on the radio...only its on the floor like a dimmer switch....Maybe I am older than you?....
It was a luxury item on some of the 1950s/1960s model cadillacs and buicks...Pontiacs...

Old 10-12-2012, 12:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've known electronics to do that is something jams or gets condensation in the controls. I'm not sure what "button" technology is used on the radios (an actual button or a membrane between the button you push and some contacts). Possibly taking the radio apart and cleaning the insides. Not sure if it would work, but might be worth a try.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:15 PM

1 Year Member

Ok Thanks guys. Not sure what I did. But its ok today. I did move a wire that was on top of a screw in the trunk. Didn't check and see if it rubbed thru. I will in a few mins. But its seems to be fine after i did that and took the radio fuse out and put it back. Plus got her keyless remote working. The co$t was $29.99 for both. Dean guy behind the counter also said he could repair the old ones for $10. ea And I wouldn't have to re program them. But since I already had the New ones why not. So all's good in Rick's world today. Bought some invisable glass and some Quick detailer all for the Monte

Old 10-14-2012, 08:00 AM

1 Year Member

Good Morning . Well the radio is working great again. When we were trying different things to make the key fobs work. I plulled the radio fuse and also moved the ant wire off of a screw it was laying on. And its been working good for a couple of days now Space we ate at Mexican restaurant. I ordered the Taco plattler. 3 Taco;s rice & beans and two COLD Buds