Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Headrest guides

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Default Headrest guides

Hello all,
First post on this board. I'm typically on Jeep and F-body boards. Anyway, I was cleaning the interior of my wife's 2002 Monte SS and the driver headrest guide snapped while I was moving the seat up. Anyone know where I can find one? I know how to replace it, just need to find an ebony one.

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

Are you talking about the actual head rest guide (the spring loaded inserts on the top of the seat) or the seat belt guide on the side of the head rest? Both are available through the dealer, or you may be able to purchase online. The seat belt guide runs around $15 through the dealer (I had to replace one on my Monte when I bought it). If it is the seat belt guide, bend the tabs straight on the lock rings (they will bend a little when removed) prior to reinstalling them so they will hold the seat belt guide firmly against the bottom of the head rest.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:17 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Idk the seat belt guids were that cheap ive been needing one for a year now lol ex broke it

Old 09-11-2011, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Welcome to the forum!

Are you talking about the actual head rest guide (the spring loaded inserts on the top of the seat) or the seat belt guide on the side of the head rest? Both are available through the dealer, or you may be able to purchase online. The seat belt guide runs around $15 through the dealer (I had to replace one on my Monte when I bought it). If it is the seat belt guide, bend the tabs straight on the lock rings (they will bend a little when removed) prior to reinstalling them so they will hold the seat belt guide firmly against the bottom of the head rest.
Thanks for the response. The seatbelt guide on the side of the headrest. Its that plastic piece that goes on the headrests posts. Ill try the dealer but I don't know if they'll have parts for an older generation Monte. I saw some online, but there were different variations and no pictures of each. Do you have a link?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would call your local dealer before ordering online. You should be able to pick it up through them and save the cost of shipping. If not, here is a link to a place online that lists it:

http://www.partswebsite.com/autopart...126&type=parts

It looks like they went up in price a little since I purchased mine ($16.32) but still not a bad price. I would contact them prior to ordering though because there are a couple of discrepancies in their listing. The initial listing states Pewter, but the description lists Ebony. Also, they list the passenger side twice, but omit the driver side. I'm sure it's just a listing error but I would verify it is the driver side in Ebony prior to purchasing it. Here's their email contact info:

AutoPartsPeople.com - Genuine factory Parts and Accessories

Old 09-11-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I would call your local dealer before ordering online. You should be able to pick it up through them and save the cost of shipping. If not, here is a link to a place online that lists it:

http://www.partswebsite.com/autopart...126&type=parts

It looks like they went up in price a little since I purchased mine ($16.32) but still not a bad price. I would contact them prior to ordering though because there are a couple of discrepancies in their listing. The initial listing states Pewter, but the description lists Ebony. Also, they list the passenger side twice, but omit the driver side. I'm sure it's just a listing error but I would verify it is the driver side in Ebony prior to purchasing it. Here's their email contact info:

AutoPartsPeople.com - Genuine factory Parts and Accessories
Thank you! I'll try the dealership on my way home from work tomorrow. I'd like to see what I'm buying before I do.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:46 PM

Welcome to the Forum!

Old 09-11-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Monte04LS
Welcome to the Forum!
Thanks!! I'll be around. I have a few other things I'd like to do on the Monte as well. Interior lights next on the list.