Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

halfway ready to install system, need suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Default halfway ready to install system, need suggestion

I just got my Infinity Kappa 3 way 6x9's. Now need my front component's and headunit. Still debating on the headunit. I'm really slacking on this project. I got my amp at least 4 months ago. Nice to be one step closer though. For now I am going to leave subs off my list. Im not looking to pound the ears off, I'm more going for nice, yet loud, quality sound. Also, as far as i know, the Kappa's are 2 ohm and have very good lows, we'll see. My question is, for my fronts should i stick with the kappa series or get the reference components? I'm leaning toward the reference to balance out the kappa's but ive never heard the difference between the two. And, to add, my amp is a four channel MTX 704x. I'm not the brainiest of all in the car audio field. Any suggestions would be great.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:13 AM

I just researched it quickly since I don't have experience with either speaker but they seem to get pretty similar reviews. I my self have a little OCD and need things to be the same and symetrical so based on the reviews and that I was with the Kappa series but that is jusy my opinion. I wouldn't scratch subs off the list by any means..I have a shaker 1000 factory upgrade in my mustang, it add's 2 10's to the trunk which aren't by any means overbearing..I have listed to everything from beethoven to metal and to rap on that system and it works perfectly as a set up that I like..Just aenough bass to feel it and hear it but not enough to disturb your neighbors. Bequal in the in cabin speakers and get 2 little subs for the tunk..it will most certainly make the sound quality better and with a decent head unti you can control it enough to where it is not earbelleding loud or uncomfortable

Old 11-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by BlarneyStone13
I just got my Infinity Kappa 3 way 6x9's. Now need my front component's and headunit. Still debating on the headunit. I'm really slacking on this project. I got my amp at least 4 months ago. Nice to be one step closer though. For now I am going to leave subs off my list. Im not looking to pound the ears off, I'm more going for nice, yet loud, quality sound. Also, as far as i know, the Kappa's are 2 ohm and have very good lows, we'll see. My question is, for my fronts should i stick with the kappa series or get the reference components? I'm leaning toward the reference to balance out the kappa's but ive never heard the difference between the two. And, to add, my amp is a four channel MTX 704x. I'm not the brainiest of all in the car audio field. Any suggestions would be great.
Ya know, we all hear things differently so I can't really tell you what would sound best to you. My suggestion would be to find a place local that you can listen to the Infinity's and see how they sound for yourself and then make your decision based on that and what fits your budget best. Too many variables to say for certain which sounds better because at the end of the day, you can have a system made up of nothing but the best of the best but if the install is horrible then the output will match.