Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Finally, a video of my SA-12's in action

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
so you guys are both just not running 6x9s? or did you relocate them?
Yep, no 6x9's at all! Just two huge holes in the rear deck that you can't see cause the grills on the rear deck tray cover them so it just looks stock

In order to pull that off though you need a strong front stage.

Originally Posted by wht02monte
I gotta tell you, im impressed. Even after I saw that very impressing sticky, I am very impressed with that.
Car looks nice too heh heh
Thanks man...can't wait to get my wiring cleaned up this weekend, then I'll show my amps off too....I mean, it's not like it's some show quality setup I have back there but at least you guys will be able to see my hardware and how I have it wired up. I just got new wiring from KnuKonceptz so i'm gonna handle that this weekend, gonna clean up my dirty car too cause it's horrendous

Originally Posted by 2001 ss keith
that box in the picture was in the 2001 Monte SS I still have it in my shop it is cut for 2 12" square Subs 5 cubic feet

USAC, and IASCA
SQ or SPL? What was the best you got the Monte to do in SPL?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_Cgk9CD1w

theres mine, ill see how mine work up front, i was thinking about drilling some ports in the rear deck to help cut down on rattling. just two circular ones, like 2-3 inches.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_Cgk9CD1w

theres mine, ill see how mine work up front, i was thinking about drilling some ports in the rear deck to help cut down on rattling. just two circular ones, like 2-3 inches.
LOL. There you go with the drilling holes in stuff again. If you want to cut down on rattles, sound deadener would be the way to go. The ports would help get more bass into the cabin though. I dunno man, I wouldn't do it.

Your 10 is gettin' it though, sounds good. I'm pretty impressed with the Type R subs, my boy has two 12's in his 300C that bangs hard!

Old 05-24-2010, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
LOL. There you go with the drilling holes in stuff again. If you want to cut down on rattles, sound deadener would be the way to go. The ports would help get more bass into the cabin though. I dunno man, I wouldn't do it.

Your 10 is gettin' it though, sounds good. I'm pretty impressed with the Type R subs, my boy has two 12's in his 300C that bangs hard!
lol, i kinda like the sound of my car with the seat down, so i think the ports would help, and id make sure it was the same color so it didnt look bad, but can you think of anywhere else to relocate the 6x9s?

and yeah my type-r is actually louder than my buddies pair of 12" type-r, that his mommy and daddy paid for, which makes it even sweeter =] ha

Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 PM

my friend built his lastest box, down firing in his s10. i think he did it so they would be impossable to steal, but they sound twice as nice.

i used to have a set of computer speakers that were down firing and they were the best {cpu}speakers ive ever had. altec lansing.

his was in a truck, so he had the room, im not sure how much room you would have to have in a trunk. you would deffinatly have to move the box all the way back.

i have a nice custom box right now, but will eventually make a new, bigger one once i blow the mojo. very hard to do, by the way. then ill rebuild it and get a twin. i feel really stupid buying all my stuff legit, when you can get barely used stuff for half the price.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM

lol, i kinda like the sound of my car with the seat down, so i think the ports would help, and id make sure it was the same color so it didnt look bad, but can you think of anywhere else to relocate the 6x9s?

and yeah my type-r is actually louder than my buddies pair of 12" type-r, that his mommy and daddy paid for, which makes it even sweeter =] ha
Are you still using the factory amp for anything? If not, take it off and cut a nice size hole between the 6x9's for the port that way you don't have to worry about relocating them and you get your cabin port

If your single 10" type r is louder than his pair of 12" type r's, there's something seriously wrong with his setup because I heard what a pair of Type R's sound like, they're no joke.

Originally Posted by mak330
my friend built his lastest box, down firing in his s10. i think he did it so they would be impossable to steal, but they sound twice as nice.

i have a nice custom box right now, but will eventually make a new, bigger one once i blow the mojo. very hard to do, by the way. then ill rebuild it and get a twin. i feel really stupid buying all my stuff legit, when you can get barely used stuff for half the price.
Another vote for down firing, hmm........

Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 AM

Take if from me, if you want some song with some real bass look for GET SOME CRUNK IN YO' SYSTEM..garunteed to be the most bass you ever heard.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I did SPL at the last one it was a DB drag in Bend Or. local shop in town it was going to be a good test for the system with the 2 12" Mtx we burped the subs at 43 htz and hit 159.3 DB they were OK on the first round it was the second pass that I melted the voice coils it looked like some one had set off a fog machine in may car just a ton of smoke coming out of the ports !! it was kind of cool because everyone cheered (except me !!) I have melted many different kinds subs in the past at car stereo shows but I have never seen subs just smoke like this!! It was like when you do a big burnout and the smoke fills your car !! I was glad I was not in there we actually pulled the box after we got out of the lane because we thought there may had been a fire!! I know how crazy this sounds but what ever Mtx coats there voice coils with smokes like crazy when it gets hot ... I cant complain too much though I got them for free I have only had to pay for my deck and the 2 kicker 15" L7s

Last edited by Blazed SS; 05-25-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
Are you still using the factory amp for anything? If not, take it off and cut a nice size hole between the 6x9's for the port that way you don't have to worry about relocating them and you get your cabin port

If your single 10" type r is louder than his pair of 12" type r's, there's something seriously wrong with his setup because I heard what a pair of Type R's sound like, they're no joke.

Another vote for down firing, hmm........
it was 2 12s in a single port box with the port on the left and subs on the right, powered by a bridged amp. he is using the MRP-M1000 bridged to two, not sure what it would be but theyre 4-ohms, so i think like 250 watts to each sub? not sure how it works exactly.

i was gonna do ports on each side of the rear deck speakers, and then power the rear stock speakers with the amp, and yeah my amp is currently stock, but i have an alpine mrp-f300 for my new speakers and potentially the back speakers.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by GreenEyedMonte
Take if from me, if you want some song with some real bass look for GET SOME CRUNK IN YO' SYSTEM..garunteed to be the most bass you ever heard.
go to I tunes or lime-wire and get the Bass Mechanic full play list it has all the sign sweeps and every thing to burp your system 20htz -100 htz (find the tuning of your sub box max DB never ply music at a competition ) it is the best way to burp your system for a show / just showing it off

Quick Reply: Finally, a video of my SA-12's in action