Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Finally, a video of my SA-12's in action

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Default Finally, a video of my SA-12's in action

Just finished up with my new install last weekend and spent this week fine tuning it and letting the suspension on the subs loosen up a bit. Video quality is nothing to brag about but you get the gist of it. I'm just happy with this setup you can tell there's even subs playing cause with my last one the camera couldn't even pick it up, so there's my moral victory!

Anyways, the setup is listed in my sig, box is 4 cubes tuned to 30Hz, which is a little on the big side considering how much power i'm giving them but it's gonna have to due for now until my brother hooks me up with some 5 ply birch. Once I get that from him i'm gonna build a smaller box, not sure if i'm gonna go 3 or 3.5 cubes yet but it'll be somewhere in there and I might up the tuning a little bit to maybe 32-34Hz.

But enough talking, peep the HD video LMAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUTBHS0RwTA

Old 05-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

jeez dude, you should play the song let the trunk pop...cuz your really bout to pop the trunk with these here

Old 05-23-2010, 09:50 PM

I don't think I have that song, I'll look for it. This camera does my system no justice as far as the bass is concerned but it picks up the mids/highs nicely. And all that rattling you hear once I get ready to pop the trunk is due to me popping the trunk via my key fob, it was kinda jumping around once I did that. I have very little rattling outside the car, although the rear bumper cover is gonna have to come off soon so I can lay down a layer of visco foam to keep it from rattling.

Who signs that song "Let the Trunk pop"?

Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member

i think paul wall, i dont think its a good bass song, it just kinda made sense because your trunk looks like its about to pop haha

what else do you listen to for good bass? i like that kinda music that was playin, its not like official lil wayne, more like underground

Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 PM

correction, young jeezy has the hardest hitting bass period. his songs are known as sub killers.

i personally dont prefer his lyrics but the lows are top notch

by the way those look like they bang. and the box looks pretty generic. i would defianly build a new one.

is that spray stuff anygood?, does it look good afterwards, like rynoliner??? can you paint over it? it sounds easy and would get in all the cracks.

i was having that problem with the rear bumper cover and i dynomated the whole bottom of the trunk. problem solved. i used the extreme kind, and layered up all the holes, then put a solid top coat around everything to the back seat. i used a bulk pack and a door pack. there not that expensive, i got um on amazon.

the only thing that really rattles outside now is the spoiler, and i havent thought of a great way around that.

Last edited by mak330; 05-23-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member

how hard is it to dynomat on your own?

Old 05-23-2010, 10:52 PM

nope, just get a friend, an old table, a rubber roller, a case of beer, and a pack of bandaids. oh ya and an afternoon. just peel up the spare tire and carpet, then remove all the crap thats bolted down back there. onstar, xm blah blah[exess weight].

i fromed the peices with the paper backing still on there, marked with a sharpie, take over to the table and cut. remove the paper, line them up, stick and push/roll. my friend told me to use a heat gun, but we just did it on a hot day.

you'll be surprised to find some sound deadener already in there. lol

basicly if you can take your car apart and put it back together, its very easy. oh ya clean all the metal down with alcohal or windex. very important.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
i think paul wall, i dont think its a good bass song, it just kinda made sense because your trunk looks like its about to pop haha

what else do you listen to for good bass? i like that kinda music that was playin, its not like official lil wayne, more like underground
Yeah, I did a search for that song and found it by Paul Wall but like you said, not a good bass song.

I listen to rap songs for good bass, stuff by E-40, Baby D, Young Jeezy, Gorilla Zoe, Too Short, Rich Boy, V.I.C., etc. I have a playlist i'm building up on my Zune, has about 260 dedicated bass songs so far.....i've got over 6500 on my Zune total so i'm sure I'll be adding alot to the playlist.

Originally Posted by mak330
correction, young jeezy has the hardest hitting bass period. his songs are known as sub killers.

by the way those look like they bang. and the box looks pretty generic. i would defianly build a new one.

is that spray stuff anygood?, does it look good afterwards, like rynoliner??? can you paint over it? it sounds easy and would get in all the cracks.

i was having that problem with the rear bumper cover and i dynomated the whole bottom of the trunk. problem solved. i used the extreme kind, and layered up all the holes, then put a solid top coat around everything to the back seat. i used a bulk pack and a door pack. there not that expensive, i got um on amazon.

the only thing that really rattles outside now is the spoiler, and i havent thought of a great way around that.
Jeezy has good bass no doubt, but I don't know if he's got the best cause it's too many out there that bang. But you can always count on a Jeezy cd to have some bangers on it.

I'm happy with the subs, they get it, I haven't gotten to any critical SQ listening yet but judging from how they sound now, i'm sure they're gonna sound lovely.

The box is generic, it's the nicest prefab I was able to find back when I was putting together my first system in my Monte. I didn't have the tools, know how or desire to build my own but now I do so it's on!

The foam i'm going to use isn't spray on, it's a 2" thick slab that I got from my job. I'm going to cut it into 1/2" sheets and glue them to the foam under the bumper cover....i've already used expanding foam in and around that foam under the bumper cover cause it was flopping around pretty good the first time around.

I guess now that I have some real power back there, deadening the whole trunk might be a good idea. I'm gonna have to hit up Anthony and SecondSkin and see if he can hook me up with a bulk pack. Another layer on my trunk lid wouldn't hurt either.

When I install my spoiler i'm gonna put some SecondSkin under it first, can't be having the crazy trunk rattles, not a good look.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
how hard is it to dynomat on your own?
The hardest part is removing everything that needs to be removed in order to get to the sheet metal to put it on. Once you get that far it's a cake walk.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 AM
10 Year Member

well its basically just removing the carpet and stuff in the trunk right? cuz i dont have onstar or xm

and jeezys good, but that song hes playing in his video i played this morning and it was awesome.

Quick Reply: Finally, a video of my SA-12's in action