Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

factory amp

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Default factory amp

anyone know the schematic on the factory amp???
want a little more bass at higher volume and want to get something small have found bazooka amplified tube that i love the sound of and the local custom stereo shop says that i can tap into the harness going into the factory amp that the 8' tube with amp will not pull enough power to warrant direct wiring??? anybody done this or should i get another opinion from another shop.... if done any wire diagram would be helpful as i am pretty handy with electronics but not to familiar with the factory amp
thanks

Old 09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Default RE: factory amp

hello....first i upgraded the factory stock speakers to infinity kappas. they have the same 2 ohm rating as the factory stocks. then i added a box with a mono sub amp. i taped into the rear speaker wires and hooked in anL.O.C. to make the high level into low level...then i went to the mono amp. the sysyem sounds GREAT! just as good as a few of my aftermarket systems i have done in the past. makes me not want to really replace the factory head unit and fuss with all the adaptors to retain my steering wheel controls and the chimes,and alerts...