Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Key fobs programed by a locksmith!

Old 09-27-2007, 04:56 AM
Default Key fobs programed by a locksmith!

I just got a spare key fob for my 06 and was told that a locksmith could program it with the other fob for a bit cheaper than a dealer, Anyone heard of this.
thanks
Ty

Old 09-27-2007, 05:04 AM
Default RE: Key fobs programed by a locksmith!

Hi `Ty, & Welcome to the MCF
Tell us about your Monte Carlo, and how you like
living in FLorida : )
I hope the below helps, but `if it doesn't, I'm sure another
member will post.
Good Luck, `Space
[:-]Read below/check link [:-]
According to this sitehttp://www.programyourremote.com/
Try this

1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeatstep 10NOWfor each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.

If you have an 07 with DIC thisMAY work

Relearn Remote Key
[align=center]This display allows you to match Remote Keyless[/align][align=center]Entry (RKE) transmitters to your vehicle. To[/align][align=center]match an RKE transmitter to your vehicle, do the[/align][align=center]following:[/align][align=center]1. Press the vehicle information button until[/align][align=center]PRESS V [color=#231f20][font=arial]TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY[/align][align=center]displays.[/align][align=center]2. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY[/align][align=center]LEARNING ACTIVE is displayed.[/align][align=center]3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons[/align][align=center]on the first transmitter at the same time for[/align][align=center]approximately 15 seconds.[/align][align=center]A chime will sound indicating that the[/align][align=center]transmitter is matched.[/align][align=center]4. To match additional transmitters at this time,[/align][align=center]repeat Step 3.[/align][align=center][size=2][b]E

Old 09-27-2007, 08:42 AM

Yeah, its the dang key that costs the money. You can reprogram them on your own pretty easily.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:49 PM

Thanks for the welcome Space. I have a 06 LT I just got for my wife. I bought it from a insurance auction as a total but it still has a clean title. There are some things I would like to do like cat back exhaust, I have to replace the rear bumper cover so I think I will go with the SS cover and make the exhaust look like it's ment to be there. Maybe some wheels (CHROME). I have it on the road now but I'm still a couple weeks away from paint. Love Florida I've lived in Jupiter or Tampa for 50 years I guess I'm a little older than most of the guys here BUT I AM A RODNUT and always have been. Thanks for the info I do have to get a spare key made $$ at the locksmith so I was going to get him to do the fob at the same time I'll go try the 2nd procedure I think that will work.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Yeah, its the dang key that costs the money. You can reprogram them on your own pretty easily.
Yeah dude I have to get a key too, I only got 1 key when I bought the car and no fob. I was told it will be about $50-$60.