Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

DRL's

Old 12-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Exclamation DRL's

How do you shut off the driving headlights? and/or disable the headlights from turning on when you hit the key fob to unlock/lock the doors?

Old 12-05-2012, 11:36 AM

Your factory radio controls the light function when you unlock your car. To adjust its settings, turn the car to Acc, turn your radio off and then press and hold the tune button until a menu appears. This menu allows you to change many features of your vehicle.
The DRL system runs separate from your radio. to disable this is a little more Work. I'll get back to you on this. Gotta double check my info first before I babble

Old 12-06-2012, 04:09 PM

wow I didn't know that. thanks!

I remember in my gt(p) it had a plug behind/ under the dash on the driverside that connected to a heatsink you simply disconnected this and no more DRL's.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monteboy03
Your factory radio controls the light function when you unlock your car. To adjust its settings, turn the car to Acc, turn your radio off and then press and hold the tune button until a menu appears. This menu allows you to change many features of your vehicle.
The DRL system runs separate from your radio. to disable this is a little more Work. I'll get back to you on this. Gotta double check my info first before I babble
Beside controlling the DRL's....

What else can you change on the Menu?

Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Well the menu doesn't change the DRL's, it changes settings like when you unlock your car and lock it, if you want the horn to chirp and if the lights should blink. You can set the duration of how long the lights stay on after you shut the car off or when unlocking the car. You can have the doors lock when you shift into gear and unlock either the driver door or both doors when put into park. You can turn on and off your factory alarm. On these radios you can program a new fob. Reset oil life and tire monitor. You can also reset oil life by doing what most GM's do and stomp the gas pedal three times. Lots of little things