Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): center console wiring

Old 03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
1 Year Member
Default center console wiring

Well we have an '04 MCSS with a center console that has no lighted shift indicator on the floor. I pulled a center console and all parts from an '01 MCSS and the center console shifter boot came with a lighted shift indicator on the console. Trouble is there is no lead wire coming off of our loom to light the console shift indicator. Wires to the bulb are kind of a gray and a black.

Now we have seat warmers and a couple of the wires going to the seat warmers are gray and black.

Could I splice into those wires and get the gray to give me a feed when the car is turned on and get the black to give me a ground return?

Are there better ideas?

Old 03-07-2012, 09:52 PM
1 Year Member

Well here is where I am on this project. I need help knowing what the four wires are that go to the track button. There is a grey, a black, a black with white stripe and a purple.

Is the black a ground? Is the grey a power wire that is only on when the car is turned on?

Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
1 Year Member

Well I struggled with putting it all back together. I will tear it apart another day. What I need to know is what wire to the track lights up the letters when the lights are on.

I will probably probe it later unless someone has a wiring diagram that could help.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:49 PM
1 Year Member

Found the diagram. Gray powers the lights and is off/on and dims with the interior lights. Black is ground. Black with white stripe is a second ground. The fourth wire is actually brown with a stripe. It controls the trac system.