Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

center console

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default center console

hey if u have a newer monte you know how HUGE the center console is and i was wondering if any one has put lighting in it yet let me know if it is possible to do something like that i was thinking about draing power from my cigaret thing since i dont smoke
and i was also wondering if some one could help explain the basics of wireing

Old 04-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Default RE: center console

i could explain wiring to you with ease cause that is what i do. i install stereo eqiupment and car a/v equipment so i am all too familiar with wires and installign them. but what year do you ahve cause i have an 04 monte and what knd of lighting are you talking about?

Old 04-27-2005, 04:09 PM

well if you are a installer then what would be your dream system? I have kicker looking at my car here to be a sponsored car for their company here in Germany.

I like the SS series they have but not sure past that what i would like o do as for subs and fill. Would like to also have trunk space Left when I'm done.

so any suggestions would be nice , They want the car to be a comp car so i can pretty much get nuts with it but in reality i want the car to be some thing that a working Joe could do with their car and still enter in to comps with it. I would like to have some bigger amps and also a cap for the bass. and have seen the Boston Car they did it was a 02 nascar Monte and it looks sharp but they weren't cheap either.
here is the big catch i need something that sounds good with all music to include country,rock and classical and rap also hip hop and dance .
I pretty much listen to it all but i tune everything to classical in the car.

so if you have any ideas let me know I'm open right now LOL

as far as the lighting i have thought of it to just trying to think of a Way to do it and make it look nice I thought about lighting it up along the bottom on the sides to allow some floor lighting. also thought about lighting up that cubby at the front of it with the same lights with some miors and or some small LED's something that wont get in the way of things that i put in there,
the other thing i would really like to do is light up the floor under the dash to make the car look better. my other lighting dilemma I'm having right now is weather to go with the LED,s under car kit of the neon,
ether way i have to get this going and soon.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:33 PM

i have an of LT/SS i was thinking just like an led or something running off the cigarete lighter with some kid of switch

Old 04-28-2005, 01:01 PM

LED would be the best IMHO... I've seen a couple of LED kits on ebay that change colors and are relatively easy to install.

I'll see if I could hunt down a link or two for ya.

TVW

Old 04-29-2005, 01:42 AM

what i was thinking though was that since my cigarette lighter stays on untill the doors are opened i would need a switch some where n i dont know how i would wire that

Old 04-29-2005, 08:51 AM

wiring things is easy. if u need help, i can make up wiring diagrams 4 ya. its really simple to grasp...

Old 04-29-2005, 01:50 PM

yeah that would be great i need sugestions on a bright BRIGHT light that i can turn on and off in my center console and under the dash

Old 04-30-2005, 12:52 PM

hey im hoping to get this done by the end of the weekend if possible so if you think u can help me out that would b good

Old 04-30-2005, 03:04 PM

see all the thing that you guiys are trying to do i do everyday for fun. the things tha you are in teh process of workign on only takes a couple of hours max. if you were here in teh atlanta area i would do it gor you guys just for free to get some advertising out there

Quick Reply: center console