Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

background noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 10:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

First things first.

Eviling. This is not how we treat people with a legitimate question. I belong to several forums and i get turned off buy people posting with the same attitude that you gave this guy. Remember, we are here to help people. Even if we have covered a subject a hundred time, we can simply point them in the right direction.

Now...as for your problem CTown.

Sounds like you might have a ground loop problem. That can be fixed in several ways.

One is to move your RCA wires to the other side of the car. In other words. Have the BAT wire run down one side of the car and the RCAs on the other.

Another problem can also be your ground. Look where the ground is bolted down at. If there is paint under the terminal, scrape it off.

Try that and see what happens. Done forget to let us know if it gets fixed and what you did to fix it.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by eviling
guy comes in here say8ing 2 lines no list of gear, no list of things hes tried before bugging us with his troubles or even so much as a name. worthless as far as im concearned, do your own scut work.
i just wonderd if anybody had the same issue and what they did. YOU DONT NEED TO COME AT ME THE WAY YOU DID, IF IT WAS A WASTE FOR YOU WHY WRITE SO MANY POST.

Last edited by The Popcorn King; 12-08-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Language
Old 12-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Default thank you

Thanks everyone that provided something helpfull i am going to give hat all a try this weekend and let yall know what happend

Old 12-08-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by eviling
im out. i dont tolerate laziness. you want something fixed you do the leg work. not me.
how is it lazy im just asking for some ideas to try i dont have any exeriance with sounds and the speakers were making this noise so i just wanted to know what i should try first, thanks a lot your comment realy helped me

Old 12-08-2010, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Popcorn King
First things first.

Eviling. This is not how we treat people with a legitimate question. I belong to several forums and i get turned off buy people posting with the same attitude that you gave this guy. Remember, we are here to help people. Even if we have covered a subject a hundred time, we can simply point them in the right direction.

Now...as for your problem CTown.

Sounds like you might have a ground loop problem. That can be fixed in several ways.

One is to move your RCA wires to the other side of the car. In other words. Have the BAT wire run down one side of the car and the RCAs on the other.

Another problem can also be your ground. Look where the ground is bolted down at. If there is paint under the terminal, scrape it off.

Try that and see what happens. Done forget to let us know if it gets fixed and what you did to fix it.
thank you

Old 12-09-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by ctownbandit
i have a background noise in my speakers how do i stop it
Turn off the stereo!

I kid, I kid!

Most of the time that noise is due to a bad ground so the first thing I'd do is check your ground wire on your amp, make sure it's tight in it's connection on the amp and make sure the other end is a.) attached to bare metal and b.) tight as well. If that checks out, make sure your power cables (power wire and remote wire) are routed apart from your signal cables (speaker wire and rca's) from the source all the way back to your amp. Also make sure you only use as much speaker wire as needed. If you have alot of speaker wire and simply rolled it up to take up the slack, that roll of wire can act as an antenna and will pick up interference like that. It can also be bad rca's, i've seen that a time or two. What kind of deck do you have? If a Pioneer, it can be a blown Pico fuse inside the deck itself.

So yeah, lots of things can cause this so I've given you lots of things to check out, now it's on you to do the work since nobody is going to be able to pinpoint the cause over the internet. Good luck!